Re: [ga] Re: Proposal: ICANN should cease acceptance of PDF, DOC and other attachments from public comments

  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: Proposal: ICANN should cease acceptance of PDF, DOC and other attachments from public comments
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:08:58 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

--- On Mon, 1/25/10, James S. Tyre <jstyre@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You may think I'm making too much of this, and perhaps I
> am, but for a very specific reason.  I am, and for a
> long time have been, significantly blind.  I "look"

This would be yet another reason to stick with only plain text/Unicode
submissions, as often the PDF files will be in a "scanned" image format, i.e.
not formatted text that tools for the visually-impaired can easily convert to
audio or Braille.

Plus, plain text saves bandwidth, and takes up less storage space (which also
means savings in backup costs).

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.leap.com/