[ga] Re: [WHOIS-WG] [ALAC-Announce] Meeting Invitation / Discussion on Domain Names Registered Using Private/Proxy Services / 14.12.09 @ 18:00 UTC

  • To: Garth Bruen at KnujOn <gbruen@xxxxxxxxxx>, At-Large Staff <staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann-board@xxxxxxxxx, jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [WHOIS-WG] [ALAC-Announce] Meeting Invitation / Discussion on Domain Names Registered Using Private/Proxy Services / 14.12.09 @ 18:00 UTC
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:32:23 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Garth and all,

  One thing is for certain, there is a huge market for privacy
protection in the WHOIS Space as ICANN is either unable or
unwilling to ensure privacy protections of registrants of domains
from harrasing miscrients and rogue LEA officials of various
sorts.

  I am not familier with "WhoisGaurd" but the fact that they use
a UPS Box is in no way a red flag, nor should it be considered
so certainly.  But Garth, it does seem that your remarks below
are implying so, which frankly I would find offensive, and discriminatory,
and perhaps approaching defamatory under US law, if indeed you are so
implying or intending to do so.