Re: [ga] DNSJumper lists the OpenNIC and the usual suspects

  • To: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx >> GA" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, governance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Florence.Shapiro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, senator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] DNSJumper lists the OpenNIC and the usual suspects
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:08:52 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

<HEAD>
<STYLE>body{font-family:
Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color:
 #ffffff;color: black;}p{margin:0px}</STYLE>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16825" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=compText>
<P>Dr. Joe and all,</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp; Thanks Dr. Joe for this update/info.&nbsp; It is interesting
indeed!&nbsp; Perhaps passing on the the Canadian</P>
<P>authorities the concerns you expressed, rightly IMO, would be in the best
interest of your fellow</P>
<P>Canadians and/or otherwise appropriate accordingly.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp; From another point of view, I believe that we all will be seeing
service products such as this</P>
<P>and Google's earlier announcment that may or may not initially be
significantly ascribed to</P>
<P>or otherwise widely used.&nbsp; Yet it is likely that the age of the Legacy
Root Internet is passing</P>
<P>into oblivion however slowly as ICANN's and the IANA's ability to manage
same in a global</P>
<P>marketplace has largely failed or is failing for reasons which have as you
know, been voluminously</P>
<P>articulated on this and other forums accordingly.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>P.S. - Thanks for the "wholesome" seal of approval as well!&nbsp;
&gt;:)&nbsp; Now if we could only count</P>
<P>on ICANN contracted Registrar's and Registries such as PIR ( .ORG )&nbsp;and
GoDaddy to be able to </P>
<P>provide and diliver same, eh?&nbsp; But alas I guess that they are much more
interested in propagating</P>
<P>spam, phishing, pharming, child porn/exploitation, adult content of various
sorts, and misleading</P>
<P>the public far too often.&nbsp; What a shame.<BR><BR><BR></P>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff
2px solid">
<P>-----Original Message----- <BR>From: Joe Baptista
<BAPTISTA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx><BR>Sent: Dec 14, 2009 1:31 PM <BR>To:
discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx &gt;&gt; GA"
<GA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx><BR>Subject: [ga] DNSJumper lists the OpenNIC and the usual
suspects <BR><BR>The domain Sordum <A href="http://bit.ly/6ByyUQ";
target=_blank>http://bit.ly/6ByyUQ</A> just announced a new product called DNS
Jumper that allows windows users to switch their DNS settings on the fly. The
program runs only on Microsoft Windows OS platforms and generally copies DNS
changers used by existing root systems. But in this case it offers you a
selection of DNS servers.<BR><BR>I ran it under linux wine to see what would
happen. It loads and plays music while offering you a selection of preset DNS
servers. All the usual suspects are listed such as OpenDNS, Google, UltraDNS
and a few others in the business.<BR><BR>What I find interesting is that
OpenNIC an alternative root provider is also listed. No other operational root
server system is listed.<BR><BR>You can check out a screen shot of the program
here: <A href="http://bit.ly/7LSoGN";
target=_blank>http://bit.ly/7LSoGN</A><BR><BR>I attempted to contact the
company but the website seems like a front. There is no proper domain contact
number except for a hosting company. And no contact details on the web site
that I could see - either phone or physical address.<BR><BR>So those who try
this program do so at their own risk. I am not in any way endorsing this
program. Simply making mention of it. But I do recommend it only be installed
by experienced users and that your system is backed up. Since I am unable to
confirm this company is genuine it is best to be very cautious.<BR><BR>An
executable file of DNS Jumper is available for download here: <A
href="http://bit.ly/7hX9ba"; target=_blank>http://bit.ly/7hX9ba</A>
<BR><BR>cheers<BR>joe baptista<BR><BR>P.S. All links on this page are
guaranteed wholesome except for the last one <A href="http://bit.ly/7hX9ba";
target=_blank>http://bit.ly/7hX9ba</A> to the DNS Jumper executable
file.<BR></P>
<P>Regards,<BR><BR>Jeffrey A. Williams<BR>Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over
294k members/stakeholders strong!)<BR>"Obedience of the law is the greatest
freedom" -<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Abraham Lincoln<BR><BR>"Credit should go with the
performance of duty and not with what is very<BR>often the accident of glory" -
Theodore Roosevelt<BR><BR>"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and
the burden, B; liability<BR>depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied
by<BR>P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."<BR>United States v. Carroll
Towing&nbsp; (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir.
 1/26/04<BR>CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS.
div. of<BR>Information Network Eng.&nbsp; INEG. INC.<BR>ABA member in good
standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>Phone:
214-244-4827<BR><BR></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY>