[ga] DNSJumper lists the OpenNIC and the usual suspects

  • To: discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx >> GA" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] DNSJumper lists the OpenNIC and the usual suspects
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:31:27 -0500

The domain Sordum http://bit.ly/6ByyUQ just announced a new product called
DNS Jumper that allows windows users to switch their DNS settings on the
fly. The program runs only on Microsoft Windows OS platforms and generally
copies DNS changers used by existing root systems. But in this case it
offers you a selection of DNS servers.

I ran it under linux wine to see what would happen. It loads and plays music
while offering you a selection of preset DNS servers. All the usual suspects
are listed such as OpenDNS, Google, UltraDNS and a few others in the
business.

What I find interesting is that OpenNIC an alternative root provider is also
listed. No other operational root server system is listed.

You can check out a screen shot of the program here: http://bit.ly/7LSoGN

I attempted to contact the company but the website seems like a front. There
is no proper domain contact number except for a hosting company. And no
contact details on the web site that I could see - either phone or physical
address.

So those who try this program do so at their own risk. I am not in any way
endorsing this program. Simply making mention of it. But I do recommend it
only be installed by experienced users and that your system is backed up.
Since I am unable to confirm this company is genuine it is best to be very
cautious.

An executable file of DNS Jumper is available for download here:
http://bit.ly/7hX9ba

cheers
joe baptista

P.S. All links on this page are guaranteed wholesome except for the last one
http://bit.ly/7hX9ba to the DNS Jumper executable file.