[ga] Re: GA problems continue

  • To: Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, ICANN Patrick Jones <patrick.jones@xxxxxxxxx>, "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: GA problems continue
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:27:55 -0700 (PDT)

The GA is as its members want it to be. If something really upset them as a
group they would fix the problem. If they wanted to be all organized they would
be. It is a distinguishable list forum that has tradition and a special niche
in the ICANN process.

The only real, well kind of real, complaints we have are from people
complaining about what someone else says. Those complaints are truthfully
childish and silly. In near ten years here we have not had anything spill over
into litigation or administrative action. The GA is not a rah rah or a peanut
gallery list. If we offered free beer on the GA some would complain it was not
inclusive of Alcoholics and others would point out lack of outreach to have it
known.

As to checking in with you before I write what I think. Well that has merits,
but I do not think I could really get into that habit, I am having trouble
wrapping my mind around that.
If I did it; Would my thoughts still be my own? And would I even have a thought
before I checked in? Would you still let me have my little baby evil thoughts -
?. What would we do with the Zen Christian, Budhist, Jewish, Muslim, Great
Spirit, Shinto Cao Dai thing I am into?

Tomorrow is the anniversery of my first suspension on the GA. 9 years ago for
fighting with Mr. Walsh. Free beer at Jeffs.