Re: [ga] Re: The Inclusive Namespace now has a real E-Mail Service -LionMail(tm) has been launched

  • To: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@xxxxxx>, ICANN Policy staff <policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, ICANN SSAC <ssac@xxxxxxxxx>, ICANN SSAC Dave Piscitello <dave.piscitello@xxxxxxxxx>, Steve Crocker <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: The Inclusive Namespace now has a real E-Mail Service -LionMail(tm) has been launched
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 06:01:31 -0700

Stephane and all,

  The problem with Gmail is that it is a spam perliforator
extrodinair.  I suspect so is lion-mail.net.
I do see that lion-mail.net is a DNS disaster. See:
http://member.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnslite.php?r=homepage&domain=lion-mail.net

and
http://private.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=lion-mail.net&token=12504cd81a964e092f54639635bf8019

So yes Stephane, your point below is well taken!  >:)
Perhaps ICANN SSAC can find the initiative and garner
the effort to see to it that lion-mail.net get's it's act
together properly.  As usual for me, I am not holding
my breath in anticipation of such.

That said, now wouldn't it be nice if nic.fr would be
so kind and considerate to the world if it would get
it's act together?  A novel idea I'm sure, and perhaps
even to hope so is a near miracle.  But I have faith.  >:)
See:
http://private.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=nic.fr&token=13e078b6394942dd2a84269300c3f019

Yet I do see that some progress has been made sense I last checked.
However not quite there yet, eh?  >:)  Could it be that nic.fr is
waiting
for it's "Stimulus" check so as to be able to afford to make the obvious

minor corrections?  >:/
Vive la France or let them eat cake?

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 07:19:15PM -0500,
>  John Palmer <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
>  a message of 54 lines which said:
>
> > Check it out at http://lion-mail.net
>
> > LionMail is a low cost web based e-mail service
>
> Low-cost at $1/month while we have Gmail for free?
>
> But the best thing is the FAQ:
>
> > Most spammers use systems that do not know about the INS and
> > therefore they will not be able to reach you.
>
> The dummy TLDs are not reachable therefore you will receive less
> spam. That's something I never thought about :-)

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827