Re: [ga] ICANN opens up Question Box for Mexico City meeting

  • To: dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx, icann board <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, ICANN Policy staff <policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, Kieren McCarthy <kieren.mccarthy@xxxxxxxxx>, "twomey@xxxxxxxxx" <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, Peter Dengate Thrush <barrister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN opens up Question Box for Mexico City meeting
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 07:30:38 -0800

Danny and all,

  These are much better and perhaps more important questions,
Danny.  Thanks you for asking them and saving me the trouble. >:)
But again I ask you, do you expect any definitive answers to these
questions in Mexico?  If so, do you expect those answers to be
followed thru on in a transparent, open and timely manner?

Danny Younger wrote:

> Even more questions:
>
> 1. When can we anticipate a decision being reached on the topic of board
> member compensation?
>
> 2. Boardâ??s thoughts on APWGâ??s Accelerated Domain Suspension Process
> proposal seeking to define accreditation requirements for entities that would
> expedite takedowns of domains used in phishing or malware distribution?
>
> 3. Strategic Plan:  â??Clarify ICANNâ??s role in relation to consumer
> protection; develop a clear consensus position by the end of 2009.â??  What
> is the Boardâ??s current view on ICANNâ??s role?
>
> 4. PSC Discussion Proposal: Establish accountability mechanisms that allow
> the community to remove the Board collectively and reconstitute it.  When do
> you anticipate such a mechanism being in place?
>
> 5. ICANN sponsors regional registry/registrar gatherings.  Will it ever
> sponsor regional gatherings exclusive to the non-contracted parties?
>
> 6. ICANNâ??s Emergency Names and Addressing Committee (ENAC) supposedly
> includes 1 appointed ALAC representative from each region.  Whom has the ALAC
> appointed to serve on this Committee?
>
> 7. Will the ICANN Compliance Department be willing to tell us how many
> domains have been cancelled in the last year as a result of WDPRS filings?
>
> 8. Will ICANN issue a specification requiring Registrars to allow folk to add
> AAAA glue for their Domain Name Servers by a fixed date?
>
> 9. The Independent Review of the Board of ICANN recommended to â??Move to
> fewer but longer board meetingsâ??; does the board agree or disagree?
>
> 10. GNSO Councilor comment:  â??the RAA amendment consultative process
> essentially excluded registrants and users including brand owners, and
> ignored their input.â??  Is the Board aware of such Staff mismanagement?

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827