Re: [ga] ICANN opens up Question Box for Mexico City meeting

  • To: dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx, icann board <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, ICANN Policy staff <policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, "twomey@xxxxxxxxx" <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, Peter Dengate Thrush <barrister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Levins <paul.levins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN opens up Question Box for Mexico City meeting
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 07:24:02 -0800

Danny and all,

  Sorry for my late response to your posted questions below.

  Most of these questions have been ask over and over again, except
your #9, without a definitive answer by ICANN's Staff or Bod.  As such
my question to you Danny, do you expect definitive answers to these
questions in Mexico, or ever?

Danny Younger wrote:

> Additional questions:
>
> 1.  RAA amendment:  ability to create new Registered Names suspended if
> Registrar is repeatedly/willfully in fundamental/material breach of its
> obligations at least three times within year.  Why isnâ??t once sufficient?
>
> 2.  RAA:  In the event ICANN establishes a Code of Conduct for ICANN
> accredited registrars, Registrar shall abide by that Code; Will ICANN ever
> establish a registrar code of conduct?
>
> 3.  RAA amendment:  â??Upon execution of agreement, Registrar shall provide
> ICANN with a list of the names of Registrar's directors and officersâ??.
> Will such a list ever be made public?
>
> 4.  RAA:  â??Registrar shall abide by ICANN adopted specifications or
> policies prohibiting or restricting warehousing of or speculation in domain
> names by registrars.â??  Will such a policy be forthcoming?
>
> 5.  RAA amendment:  registrar shall display conspicuous notice when election
> is made to utilize proxy services that customer data is not being escrowed.
> Is Board comfortable with this loophole?
>
> 6.  RAA amendment:  â??In the event that ICANN publishes a webpage that
> identifies available registrant rights and responsibilitiesâ??.  When does
> ICANN intend to publish such a page?
>
> 7.      One would think that an organization committed to transparency would
> publicly post the registrar accreditation applications.  Will this ever
> happen?
>
> 8.      ICANN Staff issued a Draft Statement of Work for Funnel Review
> (indicating a review is consistent with ICANN's efforts to improve
> policies/procedures).  Can we also expect a UDRP review?
>
> 9.      RIRs are considering proposals to permit market-based address
> transfers.  Does the Board have a view on this development?
>
> 10.  When will ICANN articulate a transparent mechanism, that includes
> community agreement, for the disposition of excess new gTLD revenues, should
> there be any, given ICANNâ??s non-profit status?

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827