[ga] Re: The Mailing List Issue

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Re: The Mailing List Issue
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 15:21:30 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

--- Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Clearly there would be merit in having a mailing list exclusive to
> constituency members.  However, I would not want to see such a list
> put into place until such time as each constituency maintains a
> public archive of their own discussions.

I don't oppose public archives of constituency mailing lists. It's not
like the contents don't get leaked all the time anyhow. There are no
state secrets contained within them.

But, I don't see why creating a cross-constituency mailing list should
wait until all constituencies come to their senses (as they are each
independent). Thomas Narten has produced the weekly summary stats for
this list for a long time now, and they've proved their point that a
separate list would be better (this one could certainly continue). It's
not like it takes more than 10 minutes to create a new list, and add
list admins (one from each constituency) who are able to add any of
their own members who wish to engage in cross-constituency dialogue on
the various policy matters.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.leap.com/