[ga] The Mailing List Issue

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] The Mailing List Issue
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 15:00:40 -0800 (PST)

Hello George,

Clearly there would be merit in having a mailing list exclusive to constituency
members.  However, I would not want to see such a list put into place until
such time as each constituency maintains a public archive of their own
discussions.

As you know, the registrars have moved their own discussions to a private
forum.  The IPC no longer maintains a list archive.  The registries have never
had a transparent list, etc.  This doesn't sit well with those of us that
believe that ICANN bylaws on transparency "to the maximum extent feasible"
should be honored.