Re: [ga] VeriSign takes over .name registry??

  • To: "Karl E. Peters" <karl.peters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] VeriSign takes over .name registry??
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 01:15:21 -0700

Karl and all,

  I fully agree with your sentaments and am glad that there are
folks that recognize and stand up for honesty and good ethics.

  However this said, it is unlikely that ICANN will or even can
at this juncture do the right thing regarding .BIZ, and not putting
.NAME up for an open and non-bias re-delegation will haunt
ICANN for years if it is true that Verisign is taking over .NAME.
This is of course not to say that Verisign will be a bad stuart of
.NAME, but it seems that ICANN should seek other alternitives
first.

"Karl E. Peters" wrote:

>      I am not very pleased with Verisign taking over .NAME if
>      true, but given that no one else really wanted it, and it
>      has been
>      poorly managed due to poor oversight by ICANN in part,
>      Verisign
>      taking over if true, is better than letting those
>      registrants loose their
>      DN's.
>
>      From our members perspective, .BIZ and .INFO badly need
>      to be re-delegated for obvious and frequently reported
>      reasons.
>
>      Regards,
>
>      Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k
>      members/stakeholders strong!)
>      "Obedience of the law is the greatest freedom" -
>      Abraham Lincoln
>
>      Here is a novel approach! . . . How about returning .biz to
>      its rightful owner who ran it very nicely until stolen by
>      ICANN and the Dept. of Commerce to give to the highest
>      bidder? If we are really about what is right and fair, it
>      seems returning stolen property is a good place to start.
>      That issue will not go away as long as I breath and slowly
>      type!!!   -Karl E. Peters

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827