[ga] FYI: FCC Commissioner Urges, Don't Regulate the Internet

  • To: Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] FYI: FCC Commissioner Urges, Don't Regulate the Internet
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 01:01:16 -0700

All,

  As has been my and our members contention for years, it's
good and hartening to read a well reasoned and considered
bit on whom should be managing Internet resources.

  However I believe that Comcast got it just reward.  Yet
the pulling of the plug on Usenet is not reasonable as cleaning it
up can and should be doable.  However the Usenet groups that
promote Child Porn should be shut down immediately!  Such
action does not predicate or require that ALL of Usenet have it's
perverbial plug pulled...

See:

 http://www.brettglass.com/FCC/remarks.html Brett Glass writes
"In an op-ed in today's Washington Post, FCC Commissioner
Robert McDowell
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/27/AR2008072701172.html

makes a case against government regulation of the Internet, opining
that 'engineers, not politicians or bureaucrats, should solve
engineering
problems.' With state governments pressuring ISPs to
http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/07/17/2243210&tid=95
pull the plug on Usenet, and a proposal now in play for a
http://www.cato.org/tech/tk/080124-tk.html censored public
Internet, McDowell may have a very good point."
McDowell is one of the two FCC commissioners who did not vote
with the majority to
http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/07/27/1257237&tid=230  punish

Comcast for their BitTorrent throttling.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827