[ga] FYI: ABA Judges Get an Earful About RIAA Litigations

  • To: Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann legal <jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx>, Peter Dengate Thrush <barrister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] FYI: ABA Judges Get an Earful About RIAA Litigations
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 00:46:11 -0700

All,

This should send a more significant message to the RIAA and
as far as ICANN is concerned, the IPC a message that if the
IPC is wise, will assist it in revoking the RIAA's membership,
or council them in a harsh but necessary manner...

  Councilor Beckerman, and outstanding legal mind, has framed
the situation in a reasonable and appropriate manner.  One can
only hope that ICANN's Bod and staff will take the hint...

Lets also hope it gives the GNSO council the proper perspective
in respect to the GNSO review report recently released and amend
that report accordingly.

 http://beckermanlegal.com/ NewYorkCountryLawyer writes "I was
afforded the opportunity to write for a slightly different audience the
judges who belong to the  http://www.abanet.org/jd/home.html
Judicial Division of the American Bar Association. I was invited by
the  http://www.abanet.org/jd/publications/jjournal/ The Judges
Journal, their quarterly publication, to do a piece on the RIAA
litigations for the ABA's Summer 2008 'Equal Access to Justice'
issue. What I came up with was '
http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/2008/07/aba-judges-journal-article-large.html
Large Recording Companies vs. The Defenseless: Some Common
Sense Solutions to the Challenges of the RIAA Litigations,' in which
I describe the unfairness of these cases and make 15 suggestions as
to how the courts could level the playing field. I'm hoping the judges
mod my article '+5 Insightful,' but I'd settle for '+3 Informative.
' Here is the
http://beckermanlegal.com/Documents/080729LargeRecordingCompaniesVsTheDefenseless.pdf
actual article (PDF). (If anyone out there can send me a decent
HTML version of it, I'll run that one up the flagpole as well.)"
Wired is  http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/07/riaa-critic-bec.html
helping to spread the word on Ray's article.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827