ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow3tf]

Re: [dow3tf] TF3

  • To: ross@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [dow3tf] TF3
  • From: sarah.b.deutsch@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 11:06:20 -0400
  • Cc: "Brian Darville" <BDARVILLE@xxxxxxxxx>, dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, owner-dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ross:

The attached are draft comments I gave to Brian just two days ago,  but I
was awaiting additional comments from other BC colleagues.  I did receive
some additional feedback yesterday, which is incorporated in the attached.

  Actually, what I tried to do was to keep as many of your suggested
revisions as possible and attempt to create a middle ground where we can
move forward.   Many of the changes are designed to reassure that the TF
does not require ICANN to mandate any particular steps, but simply to
consider various options.

One important point that I have not had time to add, but which should be
included, is the costs considerations of any particular best practice in
the WHOIS space.

Sarah

(See attached file: tfbccomments.doc)

Sarah B. Deutsch
Vice President & Associate General Counsel
Verizon Communications
Phone: 703-351-3044
Fax:      703-351-3670
sarah.b.deutsch@xxxxxxxxxxx

                      "Ross Wm. Rader"
                      <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>        To:       "Brian Darville" <BDARVILLE@xxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                 cc:       dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      owner-dow3tf@gnso        Subject:  Re: [dow3tf] TF3
                      .icann.org

                      05/04/2004 10:43
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      ross

On 5/4/2004 10:08 AM Brian Darville noted that:

> Ross:
>
> I did receive some input from Sarah, who had circulated the draft to one
of her constituency members for comments.  I also received additional
comments from various IPC members and also included a point from the NonCom
Constituency's statement.

The problem with that is that you are not the task force. I, and
presumably others, am interested in hearing the input from these other
constituencies so that I might amend my views based on the prevailing
arguments. At this point, all I see are the impositions of the IPC. A
valid perception? Perhaps not, but the processes of this working group
have not done anything to relieve me of them.

--

                        -rwr

                 "Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions.
                                            All life is an experiment.
                             The more experiments you make the better."
      - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org