ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

dow1-2tf

RE: [dow1-2tf] Definition of the "Conspicuous" in US Uniform Comm ercial Code

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [dow1-2tf] Definition of the "Conspicuous" in US Uniform Comm ercial Code
  • From: Marc Schneiders <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:10:17 +0200 (CEST)
  • Cc: <dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Of research into the browser settings of internet users in general I
am not aware. I doubt there is any into how people who buy domains
behave online in this respect.

My point is not that it is done a lot (I think many people are more or
less unaware of these options) but that it can be done. And sometimes
one has to do it in order to read a webpage with bad colour
combinations, for example.

Additionally there is the problem that different browsers give
different output.

And if I understand anything of the conspicuous notice problem, it is
not so much a problem of the users/domain registrants but of the
registrars. If you work over http using html you have to accept the
limitations of that protocol.

Unless this TF decides that we may assume that all domain registrants
use Internet Explorer with standard settings... Please also specify
the version, since MicroSoft might decide to change the standard
settings at some time in the future.