ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

dow1-2tf

RE: [dow1-2tf] Definition of the "Conspicuous" in US Uniform Comm ercial Code

  • To: "'Marc Schneiders'" <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [dow1-2tf] Definition of the "Conspicuous" in US Uniform Comm ercial Code
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:44:11 -0400
  • Cc: dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marc,

This is not to be argumentative, but do you have any evidence that people
who register domain names from registrars change their internet browser
settings in the way you have suggested.  If it happens at all, I believe it
must be such a rare example.

When setting policy, you cannot take into consideration all of the possible
extremes, but rather you must try to use a reasonable standard and cater to
as broad of an audience as possible.  My personal belief (and not as the
chair of the TF) is that we should work towards improving policy.  We cannot
solve 100% of the problems for 100% of the people, but we can (I hope) make
things better.

That being said, if you can provide us with some evidence of your
assertions, that would be helpful to the group.

Jeff