ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

dow1-2tf

RE: [dow1-2tf] MP3 recording Whois tf 1 & 2 teleconference

  • To: "'gnso.icann'" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [dow1-2tf] MP3 recording Whois tf 1 & 2 teleconference
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:37:43 -0400
  • Sender: owner-dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just to recap this morning's call (as you can hear on the recording):

The work plan going forward is to set up three calls in the next few weeks
on the following items:

1)  Conspicuous notice to registrants on Whois Policies
2)  What happens in the event that any ICANN Policies conflict with National
Law (i.e., what steps can be taken by the registrars and ICANN in order to
address these potential conflicts).
3)  With respect to tiered access, the first issue to address is how to
identify who is a "requestor."

With each of these subjects, it is going to be important not only to
determine what sub-issues are involved in addressing the questions, but
also, what experts can be invited to participate and provide the Task Force
guidance on these issues.  As an example, for issue #1, it may make sense
(if the group agrees) to have legal experts from different countries discuss
similar "conspicuous" requirements in contracts in their local
jurisdictions.  The role of the experts is to provide the Task Force with
advise on the various questions to be used a the Task Force members see fit.

On the call we proposed having the three calls on the following dates:

1)  Tuesday, September 21:  4:00pm UTC, 11:00am Eastern Time (Conspicuous
Notice)
2)  Tuesday, September 28:  4:00pm UTC, 11:00am Eastern Time (Law Conflict)
3)  Tuesday, October 5:  4:00pm UTC, 11:00am Eastern Time (Tiered Access)

If Tuesdays are a problem, then it is also possible to do Thursdays, the
September 24th, September 30th and October 7th at the same times.  Please
let me know if TUESDAYS are going to be a problem.

 -- Also, we need to keep the discussions going on these topics through the
mailing lists as well.  Please also note that these are initial calls on the
above topics.  There will be additional calls on these topics as determined
by the group.  Furthermore, there will likely be assignments handed out to
members of the Task Force on these issues so that we can continue to move
forward on these issues.

 -- On an administrative note, for each constituency, please identify the
two primary members of your constituency that will be participating on the
Task Force.  It is possible to have other constituency reps serve as
alternates, but at this time, we are only allowed a maximum of two reps.

Thanks again for participating earlier today and I look forward to taking
the next steps.

Jeff