Re: [council] Conversation Wrap-Up & Next Steps

  • To: jrobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [council] Conversation Wrap-Up & Next Steps
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 18:44:18 -0500
  • Cc: Amr Elsadr <aelsadr@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Klaus Stoll <kdrstoll@xxxxxxxxx>, council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi all,

i like the idea of structured/written feedback from the Council as well.  could
we form a small drafting team to pull a rough outline together over this coming
weekend so that we’d have a rough high-level draft to carry into Singapore?
i’d like to join such a gang.

mikey

On Mar 12, 2014, at 4:10 PM, Jonathan Robinson <jrobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All,
>
> The strategy panels are (as I understand it) intended to inform or
> potentially inform the further development of the 5 year strategic plan
>
> http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/strategic-29oct13-en.htm
>
> which will lead into the associated operating plans.
>
> Therefore, I think that a key issue for us will be separating our thinking
> and responses into two distinct areas:
>
> a.       Any issues with the formation and execution of the strategy panels
> b.      Any issues with the output of one or more of the strategy panels in
> so far as they may impact the 5 yr strategic plan
>
> The more I hear, the more it seems appropriate for us to feed structured
> (written) comment from the Council in relation to the strategy panels, in
> particular responding to the specific output/s of the MSI panel.
>
> Jonathan
>
> --
>
> Note:
>
> In the current (draft) operating plan for FY15, it already envisages
> “optimisation of the policy development process” although I have to say, I am
> not sure what this means
> See bullet 1 under item 4.
>
> Slide 9, FY15 Draft Operating plan and budget process
> <image001.png>

PHONE: 651-647-6109, FAX: 866-280-2356, WEB: www.haven2.com, HANDLE: OConnorStP
(ID for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)