From: Maria Farrell <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
To: John Berard <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jonathan Robinson <jonathan.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>; WUKnoben
<wolf-ulrich.knoben@xxxxxxxxxxx>; council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Jun 27, 2013 3:56 am
Subject: Re: [council] FYI: NCSG Letter to the Board re. Reconsideration
Request 13-3

Thanks, John, for your comments. I'm not sure how fruitful it is to continue
pressing the point, but it seems clear to me that a majority of the stakeholder
groups on the Council are very concerned with the issues NCSG has raised in its
request and that Jeff has articulated in his letter.

I have found it frustrating that efforts to secure agreement on any core
principles of concern appear to have foundered, so I'm not sure how
constructive it is to keep saying that the Council as a whole doesn't have a
view.

I haven't heard much in the way of substantive disagreement, but perhaps my
impression of our most recent call where others expressed concern about process
or their ability to be heard is colouring my memory.

In any case, what is the status of a letter from the Council to the Board,
articulating concerns? Can a formal decision taken to either send or not send
Jeff's letter?

I think it is time we rose above individual stakeholder group concerns and
considered the implications for the Council as a whole.

All the best, Maria