AW: [council] Candidate Statement for position of GNSO Council chair

Thanks for clarification, Stéphane.

Wolf-Ulrich

________________________________

        Von: Stéphane Van Gelder [mailto:Stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx]
        Gesendet: Freitag, 14. Oktober 2011 13:17
        An: Knoben, Wolf-Ulrich
        Cc: Glen@xxxxxxxxx; council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Betreff: Re: [council] Candidate Statement for position of GNSO Council
chair

        Thanks for the question Wolf.

        The election procedure is the one you describe.

        There is a vote with two options: for, or against, the sole candidate.

        If, after that vote, candidate has the required majority, candidate
wins.

        If, after that vote, candidate has the highest number of votes (against
"not-candidate") but does not have the required majority, there is a 2nd round
where the voting choice becomes candidate, or abstain.

        I know this sounds redundant, but we have to follow the election
procedure regardless of whether there are two candidates, or one.

        So in short: two rounds planned, unless outright win in first round.

        Hope this helps,

        Stéphane

        Le 14 oct. 2011 à 11:53, <KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx> <KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx> a