[council] Regarding definition and measures of competition, consumer trust, and consumer choice

Hello Stéphane,

>>  There's res8, as you mention, and res6, where the Board is asking
>> that Resolved (2010.12.10.30), the ICANN Board requests advice from the
>> ALAC, GAC, GNSO and ccNSO on establishing the definition, measures, and
>> three year targets for those measures, for competition, consumer trust and
>> consumer choice in the context of the domain name system, such advice to be
>> provided for discussion at the ICANN International Public meeting in San
>> Francisco from 13-18 March 2010.

As the ICANN Board member that proposed this motion, I am happy to speak to the
Council and provide some initial ideas on the types of measures that might be
considered, if you would find that useful.  I know the staff has also begun
some thinking on this - and they may have some proposed measures for review by
the Council.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin