Re: [council] Request for Observer Status

  • To: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Request for Observer Status
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 21:25:00 +0200
  • Cc: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

There is precedent for this. I know that I as well as other Nomcom appointees where allowed such observer status when we were first elected (we show up for a ICANN meeting but only take office at the end of the meeting). I think we may have done this for others, but I don't remember for sure.

So if there is no objection from any other councilor, I propose we follow the Nomcom precedent and allow a council member-elect to attend as an observer. I don't believe this requires a vote, but if any council member objects to not voting on it, then I will call a vote on this as a motion at the next meeting.

thanks

a.