Re: [council] collaborative tools

  • To: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] collaborative tools
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 12:36:25 -0200
  • Cc: "'Edmon Chung'" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marilyn Cade wrote:
> I thought that we had discussed this to death and agreed that tools that
> come with professional support are needed to support ICANN's work -- whether
> it is the Board, the GNSO, or any other 'organ'.
>
> The level of work demand that everyone experiences really deserves
> professional support tools, and professional resources. I am reviewing the > StratPlan and the Operational Plan as part of my responsibilities/commitment > to do, and I see that there are commitments in both. Perhaps what is needed > is just the will and time for the President and CEO to assign staff to make
> 'this' happen.

I remember talking it to death, but as far as I remember, there is no agreement on what constitutes "professional support tools" and "professional resources". We have traded many ideas and philosophies on the subject, but I don't know I would go so far as saying that we've given any one any direct instructions or requirements that are actionable in any real sense.

-r