Re: [council] Term limits

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Term limits
  • From: Bret Fausett <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 10:07:42 -0800
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As a relative outsider to the constituency structure with no horse in this
race -- I am not a member of any constituency and am stepping down from my
own term as ALAC liaison at the end of the Sao Paulo meeting -- I have to
agree with Philip that we need a more complete discussion on the pros and
cons of term limits. My fear is that some people may support term limits as
a mechanism to oust individual councilors who may be too effective in
advocating views that differ from their own.

       -- Bret