Re: [council] ICANN Board Meeting - 21-Feb-2006

  • To: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] ICANN Board Meeting - 21-Feb-2006
  • From: Thomas Keller <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:15:04 +0100
  • Cc: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mike,

do you know at what point of time the Board will consider the policy
recommendation made by the council in regard to the

"Final task force report on a policy recommendation and advice on a
procedure for handling conflicts between a registrar/registry's legal
obligations under privacy laws and their contractual obligations to
ICANN"

Best,

tom

--

Thomas Keller

Domain Services
Schlund + Partner AG
Brauerstrasse 48                        Tel. +49-721-91374-4534
76135 Karlsruhe, Germany                Fax  +49-721-91374-215
http://www.schlund.de                   tom@xxxxxxxxxx

Am 14.02.2006 schrieb Michael D. Palage:
> Dear Council Members:
>
> As a follow-up to my previous post, I just wanted to advise the council
> that the Secretariat has updated the ICANN website to include all of
> these dates, including the proposed agenda for the 21-Feb-2006 meeting
> within seven days of that meeting as required by the bylaws.
>
>     *  Review of Public Comments Regarding VeriSign Settlement
> Agreements
>     * Litigation Status Update
>     * Discussion of VeriSign Settlement Agreements
>     * Designation of São Paulo as 2006 Annual Meeting
>     * Consideration of ccNSO's ccPDP Results and Recommendations on
> Proposed ICANN Bylaws Changes
>     * Approval of Contractor to Conduct GNSO Review
>     * Designation of Academic Organization to Select Delegate for
> ICANN's 2006 Nominating Committee
>     * Approval of Director's Expenses
>     * Other Business
>
> Should anyone have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. I
> have heard from at least one registrar regarding the briefing that staff
> provided yesterday. I would hope that these briefing assist the
> respective constituencies in helping formulate comments which they can
> submit via the public forum. Although I have the benefit of monitoring
> your calls and this list's communications, I believe it is important to
> use the public forum as the primary mechanism to document the
> community's position on the proposed Verisign settlement agreements.
>
> I also point to the proposed approval of the contract to conduct the
> GNSO review which should be of particular importance to the GNSO.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Michael D. Palage

Gruss,

tom

(__)
(OO)_____
(oo)    /|\     A cow is not entirely full of
  | |--/ | *    milk some of it is hamburger!
  w w w  w