[council] Vancouver meeting planning

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Vancouver meeting planning
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:34:20 +1000
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

Looks like we have a GNSO Council Vancouver planning committee comprising of:
- Bruce Tonkin
- Marilyn Cade
- Ken Stubbs
- Glen de Saint Géry  (rep on ICANN programme committee representing the GNSO)

Let me know if anyone else would like to join.

As Marilyn points out, the GNSO Council Vancouver planning committee will need
to liaise with other areas of ICANN - e.g the GAC and ccNSO for the various
joint meetings, as well as plan the agenda for the specific Council meetings.

I believe that Glen should be a single point of focus on taking the
requirements and working with the meeting staff such as Diane Schroeder, and
Michael Evans on the central ICANN Programme Committee.

I have attached a document to capture requirements.  It has the following
components:
- meeting name
- Duration
- Required ICANN Community participants
- Required ICANN staff
- Target audience
- Public meeting
- Room requirements

This document should help manage the conflicts that occurred in Luxembourg.
E.g the target audience for the DNS security presentation was registries and
registrars, all of which were required for other meetings.

I have taken a quick attempt to estimate the meetings, and the requirements for
each meeting, but I expect Glen will update this, and the GNSO constituencies
etc can check the requirements.

If there are meetings that I have missed please let Glen know.

The priority for now should be to reserve appropriate meeting time.  I have
included a task force called new gtld task force as a place holder on the
assumption that we will have at least one other task force in place by
Vancouver in addition to WHOIS.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin