- Council Activities
- Group Activities
This page provides a description of all consensus policies recommended by the GNSO and adopted by the GNSO Council. ICANN's agreements with accredited registrars and with gTLD registry operators require compliance with various specifically stated procedures and also with "consensus policies." Sponsors and registry operators of sponsored TLDs may be required to comply with consensus policies in some instances. Consensus Policies can only be adopted via the Policy Development Process.
Current Activities that may affect Policy:
- Active Groups & Teams: http://gnso.icann.org/group-activities/active-groups.htm
- Pending Projects List: http://gnso.icann.org/ongoing-work/pending-projects-list.htm
Approved Consensus Policies:
The following policies are specifically identified as having been adopted as consensus policies by the ICANN Board of Directors as of the dates shown below.
- Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (adopted by ICANN Board 26 August 1999; form of implementation documents approved 24 October 1999).
- Whois Data Reminder Policy (adopted by ICANN Board 27 March 2003; implementation documents issued 16 June 2003).
- Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (effective on 12 November 2004, adopted by ICANN Board 25 April 2003; implementation documents issued 13 July 2004).
- Whois Marketing Restriction Policy (effective on 12 November 2004, adopted by ICANN Board 27 March 2003; implementation documents issued 12 August 2004).
- Restored Names Accuracy Policy (effective on 12 November 2004, adopted by ICANN Board 27 March 2003; implementation documents issued 12 August 2004).
- Expired Domain Deletion Policy (effective on 21 December 2004, adopted by ICANN Board 31 October 2003; implementation documents issued 21 September 2004).
- Registry Services Evaluation Policy (effective on 15 August 2006, adopted by ICANN Board 8 November 2005; implementation documents posted 25 July 2006)
- AGP Limits Policy (effective on 1 April 2009, adopted by ICANN Board on 26 June 2008; implementation documents posted 17 December 2008)
- Expired Registration Recovery Policy (effective 31 August 2013, adopted by ICANN Board on 28 October 2011; implementation documents posted 28 February 2013)
Other Related Materials: