

**GNSO
Operations Steering Committee Community (OSC) Constituency Operations Work
Team 07 August 2009 at 13:00 UTC**

Note: The following is the output of transcribing from an audio recording of the Operations Steering Committee Community (OSC) Constituency Operations Work Team teleconference **07 August** 2009 at 13:00 UTC. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases it is incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages or transcription errors. It is posted as an aid to understanding the proceedings at the meeting, but should not be treated as an authoritative record. The audio is also available at: <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ops-20090807.mp3>

On page:

<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#august>

Participants present:

Olga Cavalli - work team chair - NCA
Zahid Jamil – CBUC
Victoria McEvedy - IPC
Claudio Digangi - IPC
Krista Papac – Registrar c.
SS Kshatriya - Individual

ICANN Staff

Glen de Saint Géry - GNSO Secretariat
Julie Hedlund – Policy Staff

Absent apologies:

Charles Gomes - Registries c.
Tony Harris - ISP
Rafik Dammak - NCUC

Coordinator: Thank you. We are now recording.

Olga Cavalli: Thank you so much. Good morning, good evening...

((Crosstalk))

Coordinator: Would you like me to do an - roll call, Olga?

Olga Cavalli: Yes please. Yes - Glen if you could make it, it would be great.

Glen DeSaintgery: Pleasure. We have on the call Zahid Jamil from the business constituency, Victoria McEvedy from the IPC, Olga Cavalli, who is the chair, Krista Papac, from the registrar constituency, and Claudio Digangi from IPC. Is that right Claudio?

Claudio Digangi: That's correct.

Glen DeSaintgery: Thank you. And for staff we have Julie Hedlund, and myself, Glen DeSaintgery, and we have apologies from Rafik Dammak, Chuck Gomes, and Tony Harris. Have I missed anybody?

Olga Cavalli: I don't think so. Thank you so much Glen. Good morning, good evening...

Glen DeSaintgery: You're welcome.

Olga Cavalli: ...everyone. Thank you for joining. I don't know if you had the chance to review the agenda I sent to you I think last Tuesday or last Monday. Any comments to the agenda, any additions that you want to make?

Okay, before start, I would like to welcome Zahid who is a very good friend of mine. And I'm happy that you can join us Zahid. It's great to have you and your constituency involved in this process.

Would we could do with you - maybe Julie could you - could we set up a conference call with you and Julie and tell you details all the documents that Julie has been prepared and all the additions that have been made by the other constituencies? So maybe you check them in the light of your constituency and give some input or some comments on them.

But I think it's great that your constituency also joined our group. Do you think that's...

((Crosstalk))

Olga Cavalli: ...do that?

Zahid Jamil: Olga that's great. (Of course I'll do) that. Yes, absolutely. Thank you.

Olga Cavalli: Great. Julie maybe next week I will be traveling to Brazil for regional IGF meeting, but maybe the following week we could find some - a moment to talk to (Zayid), or maybe you want to do that next week without me. I don't know how do you want to proceed.

Julie Hedlund: Yes, Olga what I'll do now is after this meeting I will send the latest analysis document that includes Victoria's analysis and Krista's, and give some explanation on that to - send that to (Zayid) with some explanation and see if he and I can arrange a call for next week.

Olga Cavalli: Great. So let - you said review the documents and perhaps then we can talk, or you with Victoria or if you need my help, I'll be glad to join you in a call starting Friday next week. So...

Zahid Jamil: Thank you Olga. Thank you very much.

((Crosstalk))

Olga Cavalli: Thanks again for joining us, and your contributions from your constituency is very much appreciated.

As you may see in our agenda we have divided all our talk in two main divisions -- Task 1 and Task 1. We have been working in Task 1, which has been also subdivided into subtasks, and each subtask has a specific leader and some of us are contributing in subgroups of work in this subtask.

The idea of today was reviewing with you the status of this subtask. Unfortunately, (SS) has not joined yet? I don't think so.

Glen DeSaintgery: Not yet Olga.

Olga Cavalli: He sent an email saying he was going to join, so maybe we can leave his subtask -- as he's the leader of Subtask 1 -- for later. And the idea is to review all the four subtasks and their status and maybe exchange some ideas on how to move forward on how to start to preparing and document as an outcome.

Perhaps we could see if - oh no, sorry. I missed Point 1, which I think we have a very interesting new - Rob is not on the call, but Julie maybe you can tell us about the latest approved of the board about the changes to the GNSO bylaws. Is that right?

Julie Hedlund: Actually yes I can speak to that. And there was a board meeting on September 30. There was no board action, which (was) back to bylaws changes for new constituencies.

What did happen, which you probably saw, was that there were some additional staff changes to the bylaws (unintelligible). These were the results of discussions between policy, staff, and ICANN legal staff. And those additional changes were posted on Monday, August 3, for public comment.

Because they were substantive enough changes - there were enough changes that, you know, it was felt that it was important to put them for public comment. And in that posting there is a comparison between the original bylaws and the - there's a document that compares the original and the changes that were made. Have you seen that, or I'm happy to send that along to you.

Olga Cavalli: If you could send the link - I haven't had the time to review it. I really had the notice that it was happening. And also do you think that this could have some impact on our work? We should review it in detail or just have it in mind?

Julie Hedlund: I think you just need to have it in mind. I don't - the bylaws changes don't impact the work of this team. They do impact the work of the GNSO operations work team, which is working on revisions to the GNSO operating procedures. But it does not affect this team.

However, what also is of interest from the board meeting is that there were some key decisions. One was that they - the board approved the GNSO stakeholder group charters. That was the latest version that would've been posted. And I can send you that posting as well.

And also the board approved the process for selecting ICANN board seats 13 and 14 and approved a single 15-working day document deadline before an ICANN meeting so that any document submitted for the ICANN meeting have to be submitted 15 days before the meeting. That's a little bit separate from the GNSO improvements process, but I thought I'd report it.

Olga Cavalli: Okay, thank you Julie. If you could be so kind to send this information to the working team list. I think that this board seats - these procedures for the board seats are related with the non-commercial users of presentation right?

Julie Hedlund: Yes, that's correct.

Olga Cavalli: Okay. So that may be interesting to review in the light of the - what's our working relation with these new stakeholders groups and constituencies.

Julie Hedlund: Yes.

Olga Cavalli: Any other questions to Julie?

Victoria McEvedy: Yes, I do have some questions if (no one else is), but I - there may be a queue, so...

Olga Cavalli: Okay. Anyone else want to be in the queue? Okay Victoria, go ahead.

Victoria McEvedy: Thank you. Julie thank you. I'm just wanting to try and elicit a little bit more of an - I have had a look at the amendments and the public comment section of the site. It's fairly difficult to get a real handle on the - well I guess some of my questions relate to the status of these amendments or the status of this document.

You know, without taking an overly legalistic approach, there's some language in there which is quite preemptive perhaps of a number of issues. And I'm just wondering, is this document just still in formation? Will it go to the GNSO council after the public comment period? Were these changes already approved by the GNSO council and are now - I just want to understand the process really that it's with - that it's (in) another stage.

Julie Hedlund: Right. Absolutely, Victoria. And those are excellent questions. The GNSO council formed a restructuring committee sometime ago, and for several months now the restructuring committee has been working on changes to the bylaws. Those changes were submitted out of that group, and they were - they've been considered by the board's structural improvements committee. And in fact, I will - I'll follow up Victoria with some language on this.

I know that Rob has done, you know, something that just gives a little bit more of a timeline, so I'll find that and I'll follow up with this because what I'm saying may not be as precise. But there has been a process. It's gone through the council, it has - these changes have gone through the board structural improvements committee. There's been a great deal of dialogue on them.

They've been posted once already for public comment; now we have an additional comment - public comment posting. They are still in flux. They're still under development. So as they are out now for public comment -- and I think this is 21 days now, and I will check on that -- then there may be

additional changes to them. And ultimately the board will make a decision on approving them.

And I'll need to check, because I don't know if that - I don't know when that approval is scheduled to happen. I know it does have to happen before Seoul. And since there's a comment period right now, it's 21 days, I'd have to look and see whether or not - the next board meeting is August 27, so I don't know if that'll be on the agenda for that board meeting.

And I don't believe that that agenda actually has (done) - has been developed yet, but it's a process would be that ultimately the board would approve the changes.

Victoria McEvedy: Okay that's really helpful. Julie, I would really appreciate that if you could follow up (unintelligible) and also because, you know, you know, some of the, you know, it's just useful to have this stuff clarified just because, you know, often the process will be similar for other things as well. And, you know, one just gets - one then becomes more familiar with how these things work.

So it's helpful in a general sense, but, you know, in relation to the language of - particularly the transitional article, I suppose there looked to be a number of points of significance for our work there. And I myself have just come to understand better. It - there are some - I'm looking at Page 22 for example in the transitional article XX, which talks about the GNSO constituencies and so forth.

It says that we - they should submit revised charters inclusive of the operating procedures adopted according to the constituencies processes consistent with the bylaws amendments no later than the ICANN meeting in October 2009 or such other date as the board may designate by resolution. So, I mean that may well have significance for us. I mean obviously...

SS: Sorry to disturb. I'm (SS) joined just now. There was some problems in dialing the number. (SS).

Olga Cavalli: Welcome (SS). Nice to have you on the call.

Julie Hedlund: Yes, Victoria to answer your question, there certainly is, you know, some impact on the activities of the constituencies with respect to the language that's in the bylaws. And I can look more closely at that Article 10. And I'll see too if there's some additional information that (unintelligible). Hello?

Victoria McEvedy: I'm still here.

Olga Cavalli: Hello?

Julie Hedlund: Okay, there it's off. Sorry.

Victoria McEvedy: It would be really helpful, Julie. I mean I don't know - I mean what I think might be helpful is if you or Rob were to give a, you know, people with understanding and expertise could perhaps tell us - extract from us from that transitional article things that we ought to be aware of. And I think there are - I mean that clearly does impact our work.

Man: (Unintelligible).

Julie Hedlund: Certainly. I'd be happy to do that. I'll take a close look at it and work with Rob. And there may actually already be an explanation that I can - that's out there that we can provide. If not, we'll put together something very brief to send around to the teams.

Victoria McEvedy: That'd be great. Thank you very much.

Julie Hedlund: You're very welcome.

Olga Cavalli: Thank you Julie. Yes I think there must be some document have (unintelligible) participated in this GNSO working team about restructuring, and we are going to meet again once the document is for public comment. So I think there must be some analysis done already that we could share with us. Any other questions to Julie?

I would like to make a comment. I have been talking with Glen in trying to find a time and date for a face to face meeting of our working team in Seoul. Last time in Sydney was on (Thursday) on a Sunday. I know it's not very popular date and time, but once are - for - ICANN meetings it's kind of - we lose perspective of it's Sunday or a Saturday or a Monday. So my apologies for that, but it may be on the weekend also the date and time that Glen will be able to find for us.

We will let you know once the - once it's established, so be prepared for that if you have the time for joining us face to face or remotely. And I hope it's not the Mother's Day or the Friend's Day or Easter or something like that. So we will let you know about date and time for our face to face meeting in Seoul. Moving to our agenda, (SS) you're on the call?

SS: Yes. I'll talk about my subtask.

Olga Cavalli: Great do have you on the call. And if you - and if we could go to Point 2 of our agenda and you could give us some updates about your subtask, that would be great.

SS Yes. I have (unintelligible) just a few days back and started working on (unintelligible) items. And I prepared some small portion of (unintelligible). I wanted to circulate to subtask one team member, but I could not do it. And that I'll do - send on Monday. And then - by next Monday I'll post it on the web and in the meantime I'll be working to complete the - all of the tasks.

Olga Cavalli: Great. (SS), if you need help from the working team or the staff, just let us know in the list.

SS Sure.

Olga Cavalli: And once you send the documents, we will be glad to review them.

SS: Yes, (unintelligible).

Olga Cavalli: Thank you so much. Victoria?

Victoria McEvedy: Yes hi. I haven't got a lot to report actually, and less than I would have liked. Claudio has very kindly provided some 25 pages on his tasks. Thank you Claudio. You certainly came up to brief on that one. Rafik - we haven't had his input from - I think we may be able to work with the material that Julie's provided us anyway.

So much as I said on the last call, the last step is for me to try in some way collect this information and circulate something for discussion to the subtask group. And I'll be definitely working on that in the next two weeks.::

Olga Cavalli: Great. So that's fantastic. So let us know once you have the documents and we share in them in the list. Thank you so much Victoria. Any questions for Victoria for (SS)? Okay, Krista could you tell us about some news about your - actually your meetings you had in Sydney with different constituencies about maintain database and information?

Krista Papac: I provided an update on that the last call I was on. And the only other thing I was waiting on was to talk to somebody from the NCUC who is not easy to get a conversation scheduled with, just by repeated attempts on my part. So there's really no other updates besides what, you know, the update I provided last time.

Olga Cavalli: Thank you Krista. Maybe we could help you in contact the NCUC constituency. What do you think about it?

Krista Papac: I'll take any help I can get. Originally Julie's the person who did help me get a hold of this woman and she did get back to me right away. It's one of those, "Yes, I'd be happy to help." "Okay great. When are you available," and then I don't hear back from her. So maybe there's a different person that would be better to speak with. I don't - not too familiar with that constituency...

((Crosstalk))

Olga Cavalli: Okay. Let's do the following. Could you maybe send me and Julie a brief paragraph of the contacting email that we can send, and I'll check with NCUC who's the right person to put you in contact with.

Julie Hedlund: Actually Olga this is Julie. I - it was Robin Gross that I originally...

Olga Cavalli: Oh Robin, yes.

((Crosstalk))

Julie Hedlund: ...you know. And I did see that Krista has tried, you know, many times to connect. So Krista thank you for copying me on those messages. Perhaps there might be someone else that we could connect with? I know Robin is quite...

Olga Cavalli: Well Robin is the leader of the constituency, but let's do the following. Would you be so kind to resend some of these emails that you sent to Robin, and may I contact her directly or some other people from the constituency and see if we can get some feedback.

Krista Papac: Okay. All right, I'm happy to do that.

Olga Cavalli: Great. Thank you very much.

Glen DeSaintgery:Hi, this is Glen.

Olga Cavalli: Glen.

Glen DeSaintgery:May I suggest that you perhaps send to the three representatives on council?
They are very responsive?

Olga Cavalli: Sorry I didn't hear you very well.

Glen DeSaintgery:Could I suggest that you send to the three council representatives? That is
William Drake, Mary Wong, and (Carlos Desusa)?

Olga Cavalli: Exactly. That was - I was thinking about.

Glen DeSaintgery:Yes.

Olga Cavalli: Once I have the email I can resend it to them. Maybe Robin has been very
busy or traveling.

Glen DeSaintgery:Yes, maybe on holiday because a lot of people are on...

Olga Cavalli: Oh, may be on holiday.

Glen DeSaintgery:holiday, yes.

Olga Cavalli: You're right. It's summer time for you. I almost forget and it's so cold down
here. So let's do that and we contact Mary, Bill, and (Carlos), and they...

((Crosstalk))

Olga Cavalli: ...will be surely glad to help us. So just put me in contact with that email and I'll be glad to help you.

Glen DeSaintgery: Can I send the emails to you, Olga?

Olga Cavalli: Yes, please. So I - or you want to do that by yourself, Glen? Let me interact because they are good friends of mine, and I think that they would...

Glen DeSaintgery: Okay. Yes...

((Crosstalk))

Olga Cavalli: ...respond.

Glen DeSaintgery: If you know their emails, that's fine.

Olga Cavalli: Yes, of course. Yes I know their (unintelligible). But just send me the part of the exchange of information you had with Robin and I'll send it to them so they have a reference.

Woman: Thank you.

Olga Cavalli: Any questions to Krista, any comments? Okay Julie, as far as I understand we send this letter requesting more information for (unintelligible) support and services for all constituencies to all constituencies. We had no response, which means something -- is that they - it's that list that you provided it's okay. So - which would be our next step for your subtask.

Julie Hedlund: Yes, thank you Olga. This is Julie. Chuck and I conferred and decided that it was fine that we didn't receive comments. We felt that the reason was that there had been a survey last fall asking the same questions. There - Chuck said there was discussion in his constituency and they didn't have anything further to add to the comments that were received in the survey.

His suggestion was that he and I should draw up some recommendations for the toolkit. And he did a draft document, and - which I reviewed, and I have sent that to Rob Hogarth to review, because there are some implications as far as staff resources and budgets and so on in those recommendations. And he knows better than I do whether or not there might be some constraints there that I'm - might not be aware of.

So right now Rob is reviewing that document and I would expect that we'd been able to send it around to this work team very soon.

Man: (Unintelligible).

Olga Cavalli: Great. Thank you so much Julie. Any questions to Julie? (Zayid) are you on the call?

Zahid Jamil: I am. Yes, go ahead.

Olga Cavalli: Yes, just wanted to comment to you - as you can see, all the subtasks are related with different recommendations or frameworks that will be done for future constituencies and stakeholder groups. This is the outcome that we have to produce in maybe (some months).

So the input from your constituency of course it's quite relevant, and it should be somehow reflected in all the Task 1 and Task 1 and all the subtasks. So just have that in mind. And once you review the documents that Julie will send, we will be glad to check with you how can the input from your constituency be included.

Zahid Jamil: Thank you Olga. That would be great. Thanks.

Olga Cavalli: Thanks to you. Okay Point 3 of our agenda - any other comments about subtask? So we have things to do and documents to be shared with. I will

contact NCUC and help Krista and Tony with this Subtask 3. And I think we will have some documents to review during the next two weeks, and once we have them, we will see how we include these revisions in the next agenda.

So this is for Point 2 of our agenda. Point 3 - there was a (pending) task. I have been checking the Wiki about a document that I also volunteered to review with Julie and Victoria. I haven't been in that small working group, but I have seen a document that Julie uploaded into the Wiki but I couldn't open it. I don't know why. It just doesn't find the right formatting to open it with Word or Excel or PDF or whatever. Maybe it's my computer.

So I'm so sorry I didn't have the chance to review it. Julie, perhaps you can tell us about it. I have seen it in the wiki, but couldn't see it.

Julie Hedlund: Yes, thank you very much. This is Julie. Olga I'm sorry about that. It's a Word document. So I - it should open in Word, but what I will do is I will also convert it to PDF and put a PDF on there as well. And that should be easy to open, but let me explain what I did.

I took the very thorough analysis that Victoria had provided, and I combined it with the amended version of my analysis document that Krista had helpfully made changes to and others have made changes previously. So several of the constituencies were, you know, reflected in there and Krista's changes being the latest.

And so I combined really the latest that Krista had provided with Victoria's analysis, and so I think now it's thanks to really Victoria's work. It's a much more complete document.

Olga Cavalli: Oh great. Maybe - I don't know if any of you could open it. I didn't but maybe it might be (unintelligible) sometimes you change the computer and some things done work. Everything is compatible but sometimes it is not.

Claudio Digangi: Olga, this is (unintelligible).

(SS): Olga, I have a request. Hello?

Olga Cavalli: Yes, go ahead. Who is this, Claudio?

Claudio Digangi: Yes, could I get in the queue.

Olga Cavalli: Sure, please. Go ahead, Claudio.

Claudio Digangi: I think it was just the way the document was uploaded. I think that's why there's a problem opening it. It just probably needs to be re-uploaded.

Olga Cavalli: Re-uploaded. Yes, maybe. Did you try to open it?

Claudio Digangi: Yes, I did. I couldn't open it either.

Olga Cavalli: Okay.

Victoria McEvedy: I could open it. No problem.

Claudio Digangi: I don't see a period before the extension where it says, you know, doc? There's no period before it.

Olga Cavalli: Oh maybe.

Julie Hedlund: I see that. It's opened on mine just fine, but that may be because I'm the one who posted it, so...

Victoria McEvedy: No, I could open it. No problem. It may depend on what version of Word everyone's working on.

Julie Hedlund: That's possible.

Olga Cavalli: Maybe. Claudio.

Claudio Digangi: Yes, that's true.

Julie Hedlund: Yes. And actually I have just switched to a Mac computer from a PC, and I'm using probably the very latest version of Word, and so that might be a version issue. And so I will go ahead and put it in PDF as well, which everybody I hope will be able to view.

Claudio Digangi: And Olga I had another question.

Olga Cavalli: Sure, go ahead.

Claudio Digangi: I had previously provided some comments on the analysis that Victoria had done, and so I'm just curious. You know, like when we provide comments, is it ultimately to - I mean this document is basically to help us in developing our recommendations. Is that correct?

Olga Cavalli: Exactly. Exactly.

Claudio Digangi: Okay. Because I, you know, in her analysis of the IPC charter, she raised a few questions about how certain people got elected or certain operational issues. And I had responded to those and then I had made some other comments. And...

Victoria McEvedy: Can I apologize. I'm sorry Claudio, that's just an oversight. But I was just thinking I as actually sitting here thinking and feel very guilty thinking that I (had had some feedback from a couple of people -- Chuck included -- and that I have not myself incorporated those into that document. And that's something we can and will do. And it's just an oversight.

Claudio Digangi: Oh that's great. No problem.

Victoria McEvedy: My apologies for that.

Claudio Digangi: No problem.

Olga Cavalli: Sorry I missed something. So Claudio suggested some changes and Victoria you will include them?

Victoria McEvedy: Yes.

Olga Cavalli: Okay. The procedure I think we have been following is that Julie produced two main documents and there have been comments made by different constituencies -- registrars, registries -- and they have been included (unintelligible) in (unintelligible) as new versions. Is that right, Julie?

Victoria McEvedy: Some of them I was supposed to include actually Olga. And I mean I think...

Olga Cavalli: Oh.

Victoria McEvedy: ...before it became, you know, people commented on my particular version, and I should really have made amendments and just didn't get round to it. But look, that's something that we can sort out and there's no problem with that in theory.

Olga Cavalli: No, I'm just trying to clarify that we are just looking at one compiled version that gathers all the...

Victoria McEvedy: Absolutely.

Olga Cavalli: ...comments, because if not we are kind of losing perspective and having many, many documents about similar things.

So that was my comment and my concern -- if the documents that we are working on are the ones that already have all the previous comments and feedback from different participants of the working team or constituencies. So we are okay with that? Are we sure we are working on the right documents?

Victoria McEvedy: Can I just say look, we are working on the right documents. There are two (unintelligible) with changes that I think have not gone in.

Olga Cavalli: Okay.

Victoria McEvedy: And they - Chuck's changes and Claudio's changes. And it's only a really a timing issue that I sort of skipped away from the document at that point that they came in and just hadn't got back to us. And there's no difficulty in us just making those adjustments.

Olga Cavalli: And you will do that Victoria.

Victoria McEvedy: Yes, I'll do that.

Olga Cavalli: Great. Thank you very much. And then maybe Claudio you can check with Victoria if your comments were included and see if we are - have a complete document with all the comments?

Claudio Digangi: Sure.

Olga Cavalli: Thank you Claudio for commenting that. Any other comments for Point 3 and Point 2?

Julie Hedlund: This is Julie...

(SS): (SS) this is about Point 3.

Olga Cavalli: Sorry, who's this?

(SS): (SS).

Julie Hedlund: this is Julie if I could just ask a quick question. Victoria, please let me know if I can help you. And if you want to make the changes, that's wonderful, or if you want to send things to me, but if you want to send me the final version - and I guess my question is, can you access the one...

Victoria McEvedy: Yes, I can.

Julie Hedlund: Okay. You can? Good.

Victoria McEvedy: I can, thanks. Will do Julie.

((Crosstalk))

Julie Hedlund: ...when you're done with it.

Victoria McEvedy: Will do.

Olga Cavalli: (SS) you wanted to say something?

(SS): Yes. On Item 3, even though about this document's posted on wiki, I'll request Julie to send them in emails as attachments.

Olga Cavalli: Yes that could be helpful. Yes, why not? We can upload it into the wiki, and Victoria if you can share it with all of us through the list. That could be possible?

Victoria McEvedy: Absolutely.

Olga Cavalli: Okay. I have also been checking the Wiki about Point 4 of our agenda, and trying to find Subtask 2 and I couldn't. So sorry. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't

find it. Just a reminder that we have another task to develop, which is Task 2, and we just have that in mind. I think we have a lot of work to do with these documents that will be shared, but the (unintelligible) working teams.

But once we are done with that and define how to build an outcome document, then we should start to think about Task 2. But maybe we can leave it for next call. I didn't...

Julie Hedlund: Olga, this is Julie.

Olga Cavalli: Yes.

Julie Hedlund: Two is on the wiki. It's actually on the wiki in two places. It's...

Olga Cavalli: I'm not saying it's not there. I didn't find it.

Julie Hedlund: Oh I - oh okay. Well it's listed - if you look down, it says work team tasks and then...

Olga Cavalli: Yes.

Julie Hedlund: ...one is listed and below that is Task 2. Right now the only language we have with (Task 2) is task itself, which is (develop) a global outreach (program) to broaden participation in current constituencies.

Olga Cavalli: Yes, but correct me if I'm wrong. I - from our - the meeting in Mexico - from our kickoff meeting I remember having at least some subtasks already drafted for this Task 2, and that I cannot find. Do you remember what I'm talking about?

Julie Hedlund: I'm looking actually now at the charter, because that's where they should have been included.

Olga Cavalli: It was also in a PowerPoint that we presented. Oh maybe I'm confused...

((Crosstalk))

Julie Hedlund: Okay I'm sorry. I didn't understand that you wanted that language from the PowerPoint included. I will...

Olga Cavalli: It's just a reference to have in mind and start to review it, because we will...

Julie Hedlund: Very good.

Olga Cavalli: ...have to go through that in the near future.

Julie Hedlund: You're absolutely right. I will take that language from the PowerPoint document and put that on the site. Thank you..

((Crosstalk))

Olga Cavalli: It's very much draft and it needs to be reviewed in the light of all that work that have been done, but it's just a reference. But I think it should be on the wiki. I have seen it before. It's just that I didn't find it.

Julie Hedlund: Well I'll put it there definitely. Thank you.

Olga Cavalli: Great. Thank you so much. Okay going back to our agenda, any other comments, any other business.

Claudio Digangi: Olga this is Claudio. I just wanted to mention that Julie did circulate the constituency analysis combined document in an email. It's attached from an email she sent on August 3.

Olga Cavalli: Oh yes, yes. You're right, yes. And there are several versions by the way. I think she has also (circulated) another version. Maybe if there is a new

version that should be circulated, it could also be sent by email perhaps for (SS) it's easier to review it than the wiki.

Julie Hedlund: Actually - this is Julie. There - that - Claudio's right. That is the latest version. That's the one that's also on the wiki, but I - Victoria has offered to make changes I believe to that version and then perhaps we can send that around when she's had a chance to do that?

Olga Cavalli: Great.

Victoria McEvedy: Yes. Can I - actually while we're just on the subject of that document, it may not be the best time to raise this, but do we feel comfortable that each constituency has considered, you know, the just as Claudio had Chuck have given it, you know, quite practical and informed input on what we're pulling out of the charters and how things work in practice, I mean to get - to make that document as useful as possible, are we comfortable that people have, you know, someone from each constituency's already taken a pretty good look at us and that it's probably reasonably accurate?

Olga Cavalli: We can do that. I think it's a very good idea. So once - maybe if once we have the latest version with your additions, Victoria...

Victoria McEvedy: Yes.

Olga Cavalli: ...we can plan on a strategy to get in touch with those constituencies that maybe will be able to give us some comments or - on it.

Krista Papac: Olga...

Victoria McEvedy: I think it might be a good idea. And also I think there might be a way for us to sort of superimpose our good and best - worst practices exercise on top of that document as well. I'm not sure if we want to do that, but it's just a thought. You know...

Olga Cavalli: Of course. Of course. Claudio, you want to talk?

Krista Papac: No, it was Krista.

Olga Cavalli: Oh Krista. Go ahead Krista.

Krista Papac: So I provided comment on behalf of the register constituency to the constituency document, but there's also a stakeholder group analysis document.

Olga Cavalli: Yes, exactly.

((Crosstalk))

Krista Papac: ...comment to Julie and Rob on, and I should be getting those out this week.

So I don't know which - if we're referring to the registrar - I mean -- excuse me -- the constituency analysis document or the stakeholder group analysis document. I think it's - I don't remember the current format - if it's all on document that's broken out by those two different things, but there are slight variations between the constituency version and the stakeholder version.

Julie Hedlund: Right. This is Julie. Yes, the document we've been referring to now and that Victoria was going to make changes would be the constituency analysis. Keeping in mind that the stakeholder group charter analysis -- and this is I think probably important -- is a document that I, you know, began some time ago and prior to the new...

((Crosstalk))

Julie Hedlund: ...stakeholder group.

Krista Papac: Yes.

Julie Hedlund: So now I think that that is not an accurate (unintelligible) I'm afraid.

Krista Papac: Right. And it's...

((Crosstalk))

Julie Hedlund: So that begs the question shall I go back and revise that document? I know that the charters have changed significantly based on the discussions between, you know, the stakeholder groups and staff and the board and this latest, you know - and now the board has approved the charters. So I think I would need to go back and look at what those charters are.

Victoria McEvedy: Can I jump in? Victoria speaking. I think it might be really worthwhile doing actually, because of the contracted (Patty's house) not having constituencies and - anymore, it's likely that some of our recommendations we may make in relation stakeholder groups to carry on in that respect. So I think it might be quite helpful, but subject to what others think.

((Crosstalk))

Olga Cavalli: I didn't hear all very well because there were some noise in the call so I cannot say anything.

Julie Hedlund: Olga this is Julie. I think what Victoria and I were saying is that we now have approved stakeholder charters that are significantly (unintelligible) in some ways I believe some ways significantly different from those that I originally analyzed for the stakeholder group charter analysis document that I originally sent out.

So I think that it could be helpful. And Victoria was saying that she agreed that we should look - that I should look at those now approved stakeholder

group charters and analyze them, because there may be some points that would be useful to this team as we're, you know, developing our recommendations.

Krista Papac: This is Krista. I agree. I think - I know in respect to the registrar stakeholder group charter it has changed quite a bit since it was originally drafted. And it would make sense, you know, to make sure that we include those updates plus any other one.

Julie Hedlund: Olga I'm happy to do that if you think that would be useful.

Coordinator: I'm afraid Olga has disconnected. Hopefully she'll rejoin shortly.

Julie Hedlund: Oh okay.

Claudio Digangi: Julie this is Claudio.

Julie Hedlund: Yes.

Claudio Digangi: I just had a question. So I mean these chart - the stakeholder group charters have been approved, and so ultimately the recommendations that we develop would, you know, be considered by the GNSO council and with the - I guess with the possibility that we're basically recommending further changes to the charters?

Julie Hedlund: Well there may or not be changes to charters. There may be changes to operating procedures, keeping in mind that there's - there is, you know, there's information in the charters but the constituencies also can develop operating procedures that may have additional details. Yes, and I think that you're right that some of these recommendations also could result in additional changes to the charters.

And the process will be that this work team will develop the recommendations, they'll go to the operation steering committee, which will review them, and then they will, as you say, go to the GNSO council.

Claudio Digangi: Thank you.

Victoria McEvedy: I'm not - well I think it's a point that we addressed earlier, but we are a subcommittee of the operations steering committee as I understand. We're not a separate entity. Is that right?

Julie Hedlund: Yes that's correct.

Victoria McEvedy: And I don't think there's an appeal function from our work as such is there? I mean they're not going to redo our work DeNovo so to speak.

Julie Hedlund: No. I mean I think that we make the recommendations OSC and then they may have some suggestions for changes, but we're, you know, we've essentially been authorized by them, you know, to do this work and they are sort of the overseers of the work so to speak, if that makes sense.

Victoria McEvedy: No, that - it does. I mean I could - it's the kind of issue that's touched on in the board governance report about, you know, I think the new change, you know, the sort of the streamlined approach to these things is that you don't have layers of people doing the same work or reconsidering the same work, and that the GNSO's own function is to manage the process rather than, you know, sort of reengage with the issues again. So I was just - I'm not sure what the letter of position is on that.

Julie Hedlund: But you're absolutely right, Victoria. This is Julie. It is - the - under the, you know, restructuring, the GNSO council is a manager of the process. And in many ways the OSC is a reflection of that as well. They are managing the process that we are engaged in, but they are not duplicating our work.

Victoria McEvedy: Oh. Yes, exactly.

Julie Hedlund: Olga have you been able to join?

Olga Cavalli: Yes. Again I'm so sorry, but this last five minutes I didn't hear you because my communication drop off.

Julie Hedlund: Right. Well we were talking about the fact that there are now new - well two things. Now there are new stakeholder group charters that have been approved, and I volunteered to redo the stakeholder group charter analysis based on those new charters, because the - I think the (unintelligible) was that there could be some very useful points that we would want to draw out of those new charters.

And Claudio asked the question as to whether the recommendations from this work team would, you know, if they were then approved by the GNSO council, whether they might result in changes to stakeholder group charters. And I said that yes, depending on what they are, that that's possibility, and it may also result - they may also result in changes to operating procedures that the various constituencies or interest groups might develop as well.

Olga Cavalli: Great. Thank you so much Julie for the - for the provision of the stakeholder group charters in the light of the documents that you have already prepared. I think it should be good to review this document of these new changes in the bylaws of the GNSO and see if something is related with our work.

And I think we have a lot of documents to share among us during the next two weeks. I'll be glad to receive them and review them. I will help with the contact with NCUC. And any other comments?

Krista Papac: This is Krista. Did we agree then Julie's going to update the stakeholder group analysis document based on the new stakeholder - newly approved stakeholder group charters?

Julie Hedlund: Yes this is Julie. (Krista) I'll be happy to do that.

Krista Papac: Okay thanks.

Olga Cavalli: Great. It's - someone want to talk. (SS), you want to say something? Well I'm so sorry I had some problems in the last minutes in the call. I was disconnected and then reconnected, so I just lost the last flow of the conversation.

Krista Papac: Hello?

Julie Hedlund: (Hi). Olga unfortunately got disconnected again.

Victoria McEvedy: Are we kind of done?

Julie Hedlund: I think so. I guess we should wait and see if Olga (unintelligible) back on and see if she has anything else she (unintelligible). I can't officially close up the call I don't know.

Victoria McEvedy: Can we call for any other business perhaps? We're probably at the end of the agenda anyway, are we?

Julie Hedlund: (Particularly) what she would do I'm sure.

Claudio Digangi: I have none.

Victoria McEvedy: Okay. Well do you think we could make a summary decision and terminate the call and perhaps tell Olga over the email?

Julie Hedlund: You know, I'll tell you what. Yes, why don't - you can - we can terminate the call. There's no other business. I'll stay on the line so that if -- and Operator

please leave the line open as others leave -- and so if Olga comes back on,
she'll - I can explain to her that we've decided to end the call.

Glen DeSaintgery:(Okay).

Victoria McEvedy: Thank you Julie.

Julie Hedlund: Thank you very much, Victoria.

Claudio Digangi: Thanks Julie.

((Crosstalk))

Victoria McEvedy: Thanks everyone.

Claudio Digangi: Bye-bye.

Woman: Bye.

Woman: Bye.

(SS): Bye, everybody. (SS).

Victoria McEvedy: Bye, (SS).

END