ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

whois-tf3-report-comments

Domain Name Bad Faith and Abuse

  • To: whois-tf3-report-comments@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Domain Name Bad Faith and Abuse
  • From: gary richelson <grichelson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:35:18 -0700 (PDT)
  • --0-912287099-1087626918=: 48916

I just don?t know where else to turn to and hope that you might be able to help me with this. I have been bombarded with pornographic and other popups, arbitrary and sudden changes of home page and unsolicited and sudden changes in search pages.  These are a result of software being downloaded onto my computer during visits to certain web sites, and without my knowledge or consent. I have tried contacting the  domain?s registrant, which is responsible for sending out these unsolicited programs, but to no avail. I have tried uninstalling these programs through the Control Panel?s ?Add or Remove Programs? feature, but, of course, the programs won?t let me uninstall them. These programs include ?Home Search Assistant?, ?Shop! ping Wizard? and others. Nothing I do with regards to uninstalling will take them off.  The Domain Names he uses include at least two that have popped up: ?LOOKFOR.CC? AND ?LOOKING-FOR.CC?. I know that you will agree that the registrant, or originator, of these programs is in clear violation of at least the portion of eNic?s/VeriSign?s agreement with him. He has obviously registered and used his Domain Name in very bad faith, as eNic?s/VeriSign?s agreement - in 1. Breach and Revocation, (a) (iiii) - reads: (he) intentionally attempted to attract, for commercial gain, Internet users to (his) Web site or other on-line location, by creating a likelihood of confusion with the complainant's mark as to the source, sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of (his) Web site or location or of a product or service on (his) Web site or location.

I feel violated by this guy using his Domain Name to secretly download his software in order to mislead me into trying to use his web site, his search engine, and all the other stuff he sent to me. All I need is help in getting these unwanted programs OFF my computer. That?s all. I?m sure that this isn?t the kind of attention he?s intended through his Domain Names, but maybe he needs an education about including the ability for the consumer to at least uninstall the programs. The following information is what?s listed under the two Domain Names I mentioned above:

Registrant:

Pavel Petroff (support-cc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

PO BOX 2176
Moscow, NONE 119992
RU
+7.5017000206

Administrative, Technical, Billing Contact:

Pavel Petroff (support-cc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

PO BOX 2176
Moscow, NONE 119992
RU
+7.5017000206

Record expires on:
Record created on:

Dec 2 2004
Dec 2 2003

Domain Name Servers:

ns1.lookfor.cc
ns2.lookfor.cc

Thank you very much for your help with this.

Gary Richelson

grichelson@xxxxxxxxx

Do you Yahoo!?