ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

whois-tf1-report-comments

Re: [ga] The Whois Comments/Privacy

  • To: whois-tf1-report-comments@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] The Whois Comments/Privacy
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:24:40 -0700
  • Cc: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all,

  It is and has been obvious for some time that ICANN has not been
very interested or concerned very much with Privacy issues or concerns
in Whois.  In fact ICANN has been demonstrating in word and deed
that individual Domain Name holders don't need their Privacy protected
at all...

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> It probably is important that people express their views on this
> matter to make sure there is a record beyond a rubber stamp.
>

>  INTA Whois Subcommittee's Comments on TF 1/Opposition
> To:whois-tf1-report-comments@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [input]   [input]
> [input]   [input]  The following attached is my response to critical
> sections of the preliminary report as reflected by the INTA.
> It may sound dramatic but it must not go unnoticed that most are
> vehemently opposed to what is painted as a "matter of course"
> "obviously we can invade privacy" attitude.
> Sincerely,
> Dr. Eric Hugh Dierker

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx