ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[whois-sc]

Re: [council] RE: [whois-sc] ISPCP View on Task Force Discussion

  • To: Milton Mueller <Mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] RE: [whois-sc] ISPCP View on Task Force Discussion
  • From: Thomas Keller <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:18:58 +0200
  • Cc: Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-whois-sc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I want to support the idea of three separate taskforces as well.
Since the scope of the identified areas is too big to be dealt with
at the same time I would prefere one for each area. Whether this
taskforces should be simultaneously or not should be the decision
of the GNSO council after reviewing the resources of the participating
constituencies. It might be worthwile noting that any constituency is
free to delegate the work on this taskforces to different people in
their constituency.

I personally don't believe that one sole taskforce will be able to deal
with the whole complexity of this issue in a reasonable time.

Best,

tom

Am 21.10.2003 schrieb Milton Mueller:

> Bruce and Council:
>
> As to the options Bruce laid out, I think we already know
> that One Big Task Force won't work, we tried that
> with the Whois TF last time.
>
> I actually thought we had already solved this problem.
>
> We form TF 1 and TF2 separately but simultaneously.
> We expect TF1 (data mining) to go faster because
> the issues are narrower. TF2 starts with the (easier)
> notification issues, but those must be performed separately
> (and as Bruce notes, WILL be performed seperatley in any
> case, because the issues and investigations are different).
> By the time TF2 gets around to the hard issues TF1 may
> be finished or close to finished.
>
> When TF2 is finished, we start TF3. We cannot do TF2 and
> TF3 simultaneously, because accuracy issues depend too
> heavily on privacy protections. That is, we can't know how
> to improve or enforce accuracy until we know what (if any)
> opt out rights registrants have.
>
> Hope this is an acceptable plan to everyone.
> --MM

Gruss,

tom

(__)
(OO)_____
(oo)    /|\	A cow is not entirely full of
  | |--/ | *    milk some of it is hamburger!
  w w w  w