ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[whois-sc]

RE: [whois-sc] Some thoughts on possible task forces

  • To: "'Bruce Tonkin '" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'whois-sc@xxxxxxxx '" <whois-sc@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [whois-sc] Some thoughts on possible task forces
  • From: Steve Metalitz <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:00:38 -0400
  • Sender: owner-whois-sc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Bruce, thank you for putting forward this proposal.  I have some concerns
about such a "least common denominator" approach, which aims to "
incorporate all the issues identified as
priority issues by each constituency."  It may be more productive to focus
as a starting point on the 3-5 issues that were identified by a majority of
all constituencies.  Otherwise we are not really setting priorities but
simply setting a buffet table.  Concentrating our efforts on no more than
3-5 issues could also reduce the need for multiple task forces, which is an
important practical consideration.

Steve Metalitz