[registrars] IMPORTANT: Call For Nominations
- To: registrars <registrars@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [registrars] IMPORTANT: Call For Nominations
- From: Michele Neylon - Blacknight <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 07:32:38 +0000
- Accept-language: en-IE, en-US
- List-id: registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AQHRu9fGx1omRcrMoEmYM5HkDeWusg==
- Thread-topic: IMPORTANT: Call For Nominations
- User-agent: Microsoft-MacOutlook/f.16.0.160506
As you know, we have a number of elected positions coming to the end of their term in the near future.
The current Chair, Vice Chair & Technology Officer, Secretary, and Treasurer all end their terms effective 30 June 2016. I am term-limited as Chair. One GNSO Council representative and the Nominating Committee representative also need to be selected to be seated at ICANN’s annual general meeting in November. Volker Greimann is term limited as GNSO Councilor.
Pursuant to Charter<http://www.icannregistrars.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/rrsg-charter-30may14-en.pdf> rules, the 7-day nomination period for the following position is now open:
2. Vice Chair & Technology Officer
5. GNSO Council representative
6. Nominating Committee Representative
Please note the Charter requires that nominations for GNSO Council representative must be from a region other than North America. Please refer to §4.3 (Eligibility for Elected Office) and §4.6 (Conflict of Interest) of the Charter<http://www.icannregistrars.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/rrsg-charter-30may14-en.pdf> regarding any restrictions on holding office.
Nominations will be accepted until 23:59 UTC on Tuesday, 7 June 2016.
As a reminder, any Member’s Registered Representative may nominate another for an elected position. The nomination must be seconded by another Member. The nominee must accept the nomination and provide the required conflict of interest statement. The list of nominees will be published following the close of the nomination period.
Election timeline is expected to run as follows:
31 May - 7 June 2016
7-day Nomination Period
7 - 14 June 2016
7-day Discussion Period
14 - 19 June
Ballot Inspection & Waiting Period
19 - 29 June 2016
10-day Voting Period
30 June 2016
Please let me know if there are any questions.
Michele Neylon, Chair
Mr Michele Neylon
Hosting, Colocation & Domains
Intl. +353 (0) 59 9183072
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd, Unit 12A,Barrowside Business Park,Sleaty
Ireland Company No.: 370845