[registrars] Registrar Stakeholder Group Announcement
- To: <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [registrars] Registrar Stakeholder Group Announcement
- From: "Matt Serlin" <matt.serlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 06:46:01 -0600
- List-id: registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcyT3TdExD2D3cetQ/WcD/bGCdylwg==
- Thread-topic: Registrar Stakeholder Group Announcement
ICANN accredited registrars and the Internet Corporation for Assigned
Names and Numbers have opened negotiations to amend and update the
current Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA). The negotiations are
in response to the development of a list of recommendations made by law
enforcement agencies and the broader Internet community to provide
increased protections for registrants and greater security overall.
The face-to-face negotiations will occur regularly with the intention to
arrive at a new agreement prior to ICANN's 43rd public meeting,
scheduled for 11-16 March 2012 in San Jose, Costa Rica.
To ensure transparency, registrars and ICANN will update the community
regarding the substance and progress of negotiations. Decision
rationale will be included as part of those communications and at the
time the new agreement is published for public comment.