[registrars] Registrar Input Requested: GNSO Reform

  • To: registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [registrars] Registrar Input Requested: GNSO Reform
  • From: Clarke Douglas Walton <clarke.walton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 11:27:58 -0800
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings all, as most of you know I have been hired by the Registrar Constituency to compile opinions and draft positions papers on behalf of the RC.

The first position paper that I am working on for the RC is a response to the Board Governance Committee Working Group’s Report for recommended GNSO Improvements.

Last month the BGC Working Group published its Report with recommendations concerning five major areas for improving the GNSO.

The five major areas discussed in the Report include the following:

  1. Adopting a Working Group Model
  2. Revising the PDP
  3. Restructuring the GNSO Council
  4. Enhancing Constituencies
  5. Improving Communication and Coordination with ICANN Structures

You can read a short three page summary that highlights all five areas of the Report here: http://www.icann.org/topics/gnso-improvements/gnso-improvements-report-summary-03feb08.pdf

The entire 56 page Report is available here: http://www.icann.org/topics/gnso-improvements/gnso-improvements-report-03feb08.pdf

If you’re interested, there is a little more background information available on this web page (along with links to the Report annexes): http://www.icann.org/topics/gnso-improvements

Our position paper will be based on the feedback you send me, so please feel free to share your comments on as many areas addressed in the Report as you like.

ICANN has provided us with a 30 day comment period. The clock began running last week, so it’s extremely important that you send me your comments as soon as possible.

To ensure that we meet ICANN’s deadline for submitting our position paper, please send me your comments before Wednesday, March 12.

You can e-mail your comments to: clarke.walton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:clarke.walton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thank you!

Warm regards,

Clarke Douglas Walton