RE: [registrars] RE: New Registry Services Request

>RegistryPro is requesting release of three-character numeric names in .PRO

Those of us in the professional 666 community support the proposal, as we
have had a lot of problems using 7734 and telling our users to turn their
monitors upside down.  We have received indications of support from a number
of 420 professionals, user groups, and individual 420 users.

However, Telecom Italia claims an exclusive right in the number 187:

http://domains.adrforum.com/domains/decisions/944807.htm

"Complainant maintains that the domain name <187.com> is identical or
confusingly similar to three registered Italian trademarks owned by
Complainant, namely for 187 TELECOM ITALIA & DEVICE (Reg. No. 897336), 187
CARD TELECOM ITALIA & DEVICE (Reg. No. 983391), and 187 & DEVICE (Reg. No.
986056).  It maintains that the trademarks were registered to reflect the
numbers 187 and their use as a customer service number for the Italian
telephone system and that such an association with those numbers has become
widely known."

Accordingly, this proposal should be modified to include a sunrise period or
other pre-release mechanism to ensure that the owners of exclusive rights in
any and all three-digit numbers have the first opportunity to register them.

John Berryhill, Ph.d., Esq.
4 West Front St.
Media, PA  19063
(610) 565-5601