Fwd: Re: [registrars] Re: FW: ICANN per-name fee at start of AGP vs at exit.

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Fwd: Re: [registrars] Re: FW: ICANN per-name fee at start of AGP vs at exit.
  • From: Paul Goldstone <paulg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 02:40:09 -0500
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

I understand there are differing opinions, but since it appears that
ICANN, Neustar and Afilias are moving forwards with their individual
plans to reduce bulk domain tasting, I think it's important that we
speak up with any suggested changes to those plans before it's too late.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at this point ICANN is not even
mentioning a threshold, and none of the 3 organisations mentioned a
discretionary allowance.  Both of which seem like good ideas to me.

Regardless of individual opinions on domain tasting, opinions on the
recent ballot, which way the votes went, and whether we're for it or
not, it seems like we WILL start getting charged for some or even ALL
AGP transactions.

Assuming that changes are inevitable, do any other registrars want to
vote on making sure we have a threshold and possibly a discretionary
allowance or have any other suggestions, or is everyone else happy
with the current proposals?

Best Regards,

~Paul
:DomainIt