[registrars] Update on Tasting Ballot

  • To: "Registrar Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Update on Tasting Ballot
  • From: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:59:33 -0500
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Registrars:

After a number of members raised concerns about the current ballot
related to the GNSO PDP on Tasting, we checked to see if the ballot had
been circulated to the membership for review prior to the vote per our
Rules of Procedure (Rule 8 provides that the "Secretary will create and
publish the ballot. The ballot will remain open for inspection and
possible amendment or correction for 72 hours prior to the vote.").
Unfortunately, the ballot was never published for review by the
membership 72 hours prior to the vote.  Therefore, we need to revote.
Taking the criticism of the ballot into account, however, the following
is the new ballot for review by members.  The old ballot results will
neither be posted nor used by anyone.  The underlying statement will be
sent to the GNSO for inclusion in the final report and the results of
this upcoming vote will be sent over as soon as they are ready.  We
apologize for having to do this, but we felt it was the best course.

Here is the new proposed ballot:

The Main Motion is found in the following URL.  Please review the two
"Views" and base your vote upon the contents of these Views.  They are
carefully written.  In both cases, they oppose Sunsetting the AGP.

        http://icannregistrars.org/Talk:ICANN_Registrars

Mark your ballot based upon your agreement with View 1 or View 2 of the
Main Motion  --- or both Views or neither.

Be sure to use the same Email address as the address to which the ballot
was sent.

Do not edit the ballot.  Do not make any entries other than an "x" for
your preference.  Do not check more than one option:

/_ / Agree with view 1

/_ / Agree with view 2

/_ / Agree with both views

/_ / Don't agree with either view