RE: [registrars] "Registered Representative" defined; RC Mailing list access to be limited.

  • To: "Registrars Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] "Registered Representative" defined; RC Mailing list access to be limited.
  • From: "Nicrelations" <nicrelations@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:27:52 +0100
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I totally agree with Ross: having yet another place to access and keep an eye on is just not an option.

I am not totally sure what software this mailing list uses, but I run a few ml with Mailman and they all come with pretty ordered and easy to search archives of all emails sent. I used to use EZMLM before, which although less powerful than Mailman it still has some archiving capability too.

So if the purpose of putting up a forum is to be able to search and check the old messages sent, then we would be probably better off adding this functionality to the existing mailing list, either by patching the existing software of switching to Mailman which comes with all these features already built in. Since we are shifting towards a member-only ml and some maintenance is planned for the ml anyway, I would rather go for this than put up a forum.

Best Regards
Francesco Cetraro
Ascio Technologies inc.