Re: [registrars] Proposed RC Website

Bob,

Thanks for the vote of confidence and your detailed reply.  I
apologise for not including you in my rant about getting so few respondents.

I know these are really back to basics ideas and probably boring some
of the seasoned members.  It's not the usual legal and political stuff
that's discussed, but hopefully this can help get us closer to the
point where everyone (current and new) understands the RC enough to
participate (if they want).

I understand that a large number of registrars often belong to the
same companies, but whether they pay single or multiple RC dues they'd
still only receive a single vote, right?  With that in mind, multiple
dues would just be charity so I can't see it happening.

It's great that Jay gathered and posted the Bylaws and Rules in one
place.  I've always admired his comments to the list, his sites and
his tools, and I'll likely be in touch with him re. the site.

I'm sure everyone would also agree that you do a great job making
sense of all the legaleze on an ongoing basis.  You know a lot of
complicated words.  ;)  Actually, I don't think there's anyone I've
worked with that has me looking up words on Dictionary.com so often -
today's new word for me was epistle!  If I get the go ahead on the
site from Jon I'll be sure to check in with you on quite a few items.

**
You made a GREAT suggestion to have ICANN inform the RC of new
registrars so that Cristin can make contact.  What exactly would it
take to make that happen?
**

As for the mailing list vs forum, I can see both sides on that.  If it
aint broke don't fix it makes sense, but if we hope to gain new
members, there's a chance they'd be more familiar and more comfortable
with a forum format than a mailing list.  Rob and Tom have some good
solutions so we can have the best of both worlds plus a possible
exclusive area for paid members.  It'll be interesting to see how that
pans out.

Thanks for the info on the domains and logo.  At this point I think I
have everything needed to get started, and if this moves forwards I'll
be in touch with various members and officers for other details.

Actually, I do have one more question regarding the site.  I already
suggested having a list of registrars and which of those are members,
plus a list of officers, their mugshots, positions and what those
positions entail.  In the interest of transparency, what are your
thoughts on also posting a list of mailing list subscriber "names"?

Which reminds me, we also need a page on how to join the mailing list.

~Paul