RE: [registrars] ICANN funding travel for GNSO council reps

  • To: "Registrars Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] ICANN funding travel for GNSO council reps
  • From: "Nicrelations" <nicrelations@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 11:03:26 +0100
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I tend to agree with those who see no reason for ICANN to pay the GNSO Council Members´ travel expenses.
If they really don´t know what to do with all the money they have, they could probably use that money in a much more profitable way to enhance the fellowship program and foster a more general participation to the meetings by those people who really can´t afford to attend.

Honestly, I think it would be interesting to know how many GNSO Council Members´ missed the past ICANN meetings and of many of them decided not to come because they couldn´t afford it... my impression is that are trying to solve a non-existing problem.

Regards
Francesco Cetraro
Ascio Technologies inc.