RE: [registrars] Registry Sensitive or Proprietary Information

  • To: <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Paul Stahura'" <stahura@xxxxxxxx>, "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Registry Sensitive or Proprietary Information
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 11:44:28 -0400
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

John:

I think the repeated use of "I" (8X) in my original email should be rather
self evident that I was expressing my personal views. Although it is true
that I do occasional consulting work with a number of ICANN accredited
registrars, these were just my personal comments about a provision in the
registrar charter that is beyond ambiguous. In fact one might even submit
its definition is subject to unilateral change/interpretation much along the
same lines that some registrars change their registrant agreements to fit
their particular business models.

Although I had previously thought about responding to Rob Hall's post from a
couple of months ago regarding the origins of the "Registry Sensitive or
Proprietary Information", I was just too busy as of late.  However, it
seemed that I had some free time last evening while I was waiting for some
legal correspondence in connection with another client matter.

Hopefully these emails to you and Paul have resolved any
miscommunication/misperceptions.

Best regards,

Michael