Re: [registrars] FYI re: Transfers

  • To: Thomas Barrett - EnCirca <tbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] FYI re: Transfers
  • From: "Marcus Faure" <faure@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:19:02 +0200 (CEST)
  • Cc: ross@xxxxxxxxxx, "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

many registrars claim that the agreement between registrant and
registrar ends on the day of expiration. In fact, a good part of the
adword market relies on this. Under this assumption there is no
autorenewal grace period for the registrant.
To address this issue there would have to be a requirement that the
registrant is still allowed to access his domain during AGP. This
raises a whole bunch of other questions like what is happening with
associated nameservers that the current registrar provides.
I have the impression that it will be very difficult to find solution
here.

Marcus

--
Global Village GmbH  Tel +49 2855 9651 0     GF Marcus Faure
Mehrumer Str. 16     Fax +49 2855 9651 110   Amtsgericht Duisburg HRB9987