[registrars] RE: [RC Voting] Proposed Ballot to select GNSO representatives for North American and for Asia Pacific ICANN Regions.

  • To: "Adrian Kinderis" <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] RE: [RC Voting] Proposed Ballot to select GNSO representatives for North American and for Asia Pacific ICANN Regions.
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 07:54:30 -0700
  • Cc: "Registrars Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 08:26 PM 8/9/2007 Thursday&nbsp; +1000, Adrian Kinderis wrote:<br>
been done is very confusing.<br>
Dear Adrian:&nbsp; Here are the provisions of the Rules of Procedure
(RoP) regarding the advance publication of the ballot on motions (there
is a separate provision for ballots on candidates for office):<br><br>
I.8. The Secretary will create and publish the ballot. The ballot will
remain open for inspection and possible amendment or correction for 72
hours prior to the vote. <br><br>
I.9. The ballot will allow for a vote on each of: <br><br>
a. the original motion; and b. any unfriendly amendments (as deemed by
the proponent). <br><br>
I.10. The Secretary will call the vote no less than 2 days after the end
of the ballot inspection period and keep it open for no less than 7 days,
but no more than 21 days. In exceptional circumstances as determined by a
majority vote of the Constituency Executive Committee, however, the
Secretary may shorten or extend the period to vote upon proper notice to
the voting members via the constituency mailing list or other similar
means. Other than as stated in Section II below, in no event will a vote
be open less than 3 business days or longer than 30 days. <br><br>
end quote:<br><br>
&quot;Publishing&quot; until now has been interpreted as Emailing on the
public list hosted by ICANN.<br><br>
Here is the RoP provision on publishing the ballot for candidates for
office:<br><br>
&nbsp;III.5. Upon close of the discussion of candidates, the Secretary
will create and publish the ballot. The ballot will remain open for
inspection and possible correction for 72 hours prior to the vote and
will only include the names of such candidates who have met the
requirements of these Rules of Procedure and the Bylaws.<br><br>
end quote:<br>
&nbsp;<br>
people voting when, as far as I know, voting isn't open yet?<br>
I hope my explanation clarifies the issues.&nbsp; I stand read to provide
further explanation of this phase of the procedure.<br>
All of the procedures of the RoP are conducted on the open list.&nbsp;
The ballot will only be sent to voting list.&nbsp; I sent this advance
copy to both lists just to be sure that all voting members are
informed.<br><br>
Hope this explanation helps.<br><br>
Cordially, BobC<br>
Secretary and &quot;honorary Parliamentarian&quot;.<br><br>