Re: [registrars] Grave Robbing and SEDO Fencing

  • To: Lau <richard@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Grave Robbing and SEDO Fencing
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 09:54:50 -0400
  • Cc: "'Paul Lecoultre (CORE secretariat)'" <secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lau wrote:

Am I wrong? (Please, someone, tell me that I am).

The subtlety that tends to get missed is that the transfer policy hinges on whether or not the registrant, or the admin at the behest of the registrant, approved the transfer of registrar. I am not sure why this has been interpreted as "if the admin approved it, it must be good", but this has been the case since the policy was implemented. If the registrant hasn't agreed to it, even if the admin has, it is technically a bad transfer.

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
Tucows Inc.

http://www.domaindirect.com