Re: [registrars] RE: [RC Voting] Dues of $750 with "forgiveness" for those who choose to pay $250

  • To: tom barrett <tbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] RE: [RC Voting] Dues of $750 with "forgiveness" for those who choose to pay $250
  • From: Marcus Faure <faure@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:00:24 +0200
  • Cc: rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, owner-votingmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

CORE supports a size-based member fee as long as we do not introduce weighted
voting with it. This would also include family members, meaning that only
one member of the family should have a vote (which makes it rather unlikely
that more than one member of the family would sign up). Size already plays
a more-than-it-should-have role within ICANN, we should therefore avoid
to introduce further encouragements.

Apart from that, I think it should be up to ICANN to assign a staff member
to the constituency. Thanks to the vast budget increases it should not be
impossible for them, and I believe that this supports its very mission.

Marcus