RE: [registrars] RE: [RC Voting] Dues of $750 with "forgiveness" for those who choose to pay $250.

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, RC Voting Members <votingmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] RE: [RC Voting] Dues of $750 with "forgiveness" for those who choose to pay $250.
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 17:48:56 -0700
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 01:39 PM 7/29/2007 Sunday&nbsp; -0700, Tim Ruiz wrote:<br><br>
Dear Tim:&nbsp; I agree with the first two paragraphs of your thoughtful
posting.<br><br>
direction Bob is suggesting, basically forced<br>
membership, then I will definitely have a problem if there is no
voting<br>
consideration being given to the other registrars we will, in affect,
be<br>
forced into paying membership for.</blockquote><br>
Tim, when did I saw &quot;force&quot;?&nbsp; What I did point out was
that your fine firm has signed a number of statements letting the outside
readership think that those other accreditations are members of the
Constituency.&nbsp; <br><br>
I think Godaddy should be able to do just what it did, but it would be
more fair is its contributions to RC were enhanced to show your
</i></b>I had an alternate proposal I made to Excom.&nbsp; If there is to
be value to the work of our paid consultant, it will probably be of
benefit to all registrars, especially the large ones with multiple
accreditations.&nbsp; I proposed a &quot;pledge&quot; which would be
called up if and when there is an issue handled by the paid
consultant.&nbsp; My idea was not persuasive to Excom.<br><br>
Personal regards, <br>
BobC<br><br>