[registrars] Nominations for GNSO Council seats.

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Nominations for GNSO Council seats.
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:01:02 -0700
  • Cc: "Adrian Kinderis" <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Registrars:<br><br>
I would like to nominate Adrian Kinderis for his first full term as our
Asian representative for the GNSO.<br><br>
Adrian fills the requisite requirement of citizenship in the ICANN Asian
region.&nbsp; But, more importantly, he is a *resident* of the
region.&nbsp; Still further, he has one foot in Melbourne and another in
Dhabi, spanning much of Asia.&nbsp; <br><br>
Just as importantly, he has been a regular attendee in virtually all
ICANN meetings for a long time, certainly during my three prior years as
Secretary and last year as Treasurer and, I believe, even before I was
Secretary.&nbsp; I know of no other registrar with citizenship in the
region with a similar portfolio for the position.<br><br>
I was not aware of *all* of these qualifications when I nominated Adrian
to fill out Bruce Tonkin's term as GNSO representative of the Registrars
Constituency.&nbsp; But I was certainly delighted to see the way he hit
the ground running, jumped into the position and took positive steps to
represent us in the GNSO.<br><br>
Regards, BobC</body>