Re: [registrars] RE: PDP Dec 05: Reserved Names Working Group: response needed

  • To: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] RE: PDP Dec 05: Reserved Names Working Group: response needed
  • From: "Marcus Faure" <faure@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 11:49:06 +0200 (CEST)
  • Cc: "'Marcus Faure'" <faure@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Registrar Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi John,

that's at least 500$ worth of lawyer's expertise in your
statement.. Shall I ask ICANN to send you a wire?

I think that basically we share the same view, but focus on
different aspects of the issue. While "my" aspect is maybe not the
focus of this thread, I agree with your observations and I believe we
both shed a good amount of tears over the quality of the reserved
names list, which btw everybody including ICANN regards to be
insufficient. A minimal requirement would be to extend the reserved
names list with how the locals call their country including the
respective IDN variants.

Regarding painkillers, I am sorry to hear that you are not able to get
them in the U.S., although your country is much more relaxed about
over-the-counter stuff than we are. Then again, a visit to our
neighbour The Netherlands may provide you with what you need.

Yours,
Marcus