RE: [registrars] FW: Notice of Fee Change

Hello All,

Don't forget to add the ICANN US$ 0.75 "registry-Level Transaction Fee"
for .net:

Ie
"Registry-Level Transaction Fee. Commencing on 1 July 2005, Registry
Operator shall pay ICANN a Registry-Level Transaction Fee in an amount
equal to US$0.75 for each annual increment of an initial or renewal
domain name registration and for transferring a domain name registration
from one ICANN-accredited registrar to another during the calendar
quarter to which the Registry-Level Transaction Fee pertains. ICANN
intends to apply this fee to purposes including: (a) a special
restricted fund for developing country Internet communities to enable
further participation in the ICANN mission by developing country
stakeholders, (b) a special restricted fund to enhance and facilitate
the security and stability of the DNS, and (c) general operating funds
to support ICANN's mission to ensure the stable and secure operation of
the DNS. "

This means that we will be charged US$4.60 by Verisign for each .net
name after 15 Oct 2007, instead of the current US$4.25.

I mention this as it has caused some confusion amongst Melbourne IT
staff :-).

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin